london last night....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
here's a few "experimental" shots i took around london last night...couldn't get away with too many as the missus was complaining it was cold,aw bless...

DSC00031_filtered.jpg

DSC00035_filtered.jpg

DSC00036_filtered.jpg

DSC00037_filtered.jpg

DSC00048_filtered.jpg

DSC00055_filtered.jpg

thanks for looking...

Got to agree 4 and 5are Fantastic well done

Kirk

Number 4 is an awesome shot fella, really capured the movement in the clouds.

#3 for me.
I like the simplicity (y)

I love #1 Stan great composition and it's one I've been thinking of doing for a while now. 4 and 5 are also good I like how you have still managed to keep the cloud detail in 4.

Nice framing in #7, taken just outside Waterstones if I am not mistaken.

How did you take these?
I'm still a newborn in photography.
Did you use a tripod with these?

hi snownation..

took these shots using manual setting on the camera,underexposed by 1/3rd of a stop(shot in RAW)and tripod mounted.exposure times were between 20-30 seconds.also used a cable release to reduce the risk of camera shake (y)

I love #1 Stan great composition and it's one I've been thinking of doing for a while now. 4 and 5 are also good I like how you have still managed to keep the cloud detail in 4.

Nice framing in #7, taken just outside Waterstones if I am not mistaken.

hi glen,and cheers mate (y)

number 4 was indeed taken from outside waterstones :D

lovely set there, better than what i got during a london @ night photowalk!

Last edited:
Well, I saw these and had to comment. I am a huge fan of long exposure shots but these are truly spectacular! They are all very well composed (1,2,4 & 5 my pick of the bunch) and the way the lights are in the first is just superb. A very top set of photo's in my eyes, albeit amateur eyes! Thankyou for sharing such wonderful images.

Mitch :)

WOW
great set I'm in London at the weekend and staying in a hotel just by the wheel, I have been looking forward for my weekend for a while and you have made it even more appealing, I had better tell the misses to pack a warm coat:D

I love number 4.
As has been already said, the clouds are great...really makes the shot.

Very nice stan..

I dont remember the Eye being THAT fast! or have i a bad memory..

Nice..

cheers mark...london is a wonderful place for photography (y)

Mark, love your Nelson's Column shot through an archway, and please tell me if the floodlit building in the background of your 2nd last shot (with active fountain) is The National Gallery, or near St Martin's in the Fields Church, or am I way off track? - I'm really digging deep into a frayed old memory bank.

Mark, love your Nelson's Column shot through an archway, and please tell me if the floodlit building in the background of your 2nd last shot (with active fountain) is The National Gallery, or near St Martin's in the Fields Church, or am I way off track? - I'm really digging deep into a frayed old memory bank.

thanks mark....and yes,it is the national portrait gallery in the trafalgar square/st martins in the field area,so your memory is still pretty good i'd say (y)

No.1 for me StantheMan :)

(Dont get in his car though will you...be warned)

I really like number one, a completely different view of the wheel from the others.

thanks mark....and yes,it is the national portrait gallery in the trafalgar square/st martins in the field area,so your memory is still pretty good i'd say (y)

That's very reassuring, thanks Mark ... the memory goes back nigh 20 years to 1990, mate - so there's still a few neurons bumping around among me old synapses, cobber! :wacky:

Back