London

Hi Ash,

Just to comment on the first two images where I feel some input would be helpful...

#1 needs a shift in WB to the left.
#2 really would have benefited from bracketting. As it is, the underground sign is far too bright and in your face, too much of a distraction.

The others are OK, the last being my favourite of the set. 3 & 4 don't do that much for me but that's most likely to do with the miserable day & perhaps wrong time for capturing them.

Thanks Phil for the useful critique.

I agree with most of your points - #4 should have been a nice shot as the sun broke through the dull sky and lit the top of the shard for a few moments but by the time I took the shot it had faded a bit.

I still quite like it though as from a distance it the building looks like a basic triangular shape but when you get up close like that you can see all the details and unusual shapes going on.

#1, The buildings aren't vertical. It's a bit soft as well.
#2, I like it as it is.
#s3+4, Do nothing for me.
#5, I like the colours and the way the building behind the coloured(thing?) make it stand out. But again the verticles aren't right.

Hi Paul,

On #5, could you elaborate on the verticals? It looks straight to me and I usually look for that before I even start processing (agreed on the first one being a bit off though).

Hi Ash, No problems mate. If you look at the drain pipes on the building you'll see they are not vertical. Also along the bottom of the doors, again on the building they seem (at least to me) to have a slight curve on them. Hope this helps?

Oh yeah, I put that down to distortion at 24mm rather than straightness. Whilst I could correct it further in Photoshop it would involve removing quite a bit off the top or bottom which I think would compromise the shot.

1 looks a little too blurred imo. Maybe take the brightness down of the lights, as the tower looks over exposed to me. Nice collection though

Back