Beginner Long Exposure Step by step

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I've started to try to put down on 'digital' paper some of the processes I've struggled with in the past to get my head around to help people starting out.

I started with a Long exposure guide if anyones interested? bit of background information and a step by step guide.

https://www.skopa.co.uk/nature/long-exposure-blog-post/

Would love to hear any feedback on how useful people think it is, or if it s easy to follow.

Cheers

J

One tip you could add in rather than have to constantly swap between auto and manual focus (and forget to swap to manual focus) is use back button focus. That way you can’t accidentally forget to swap to manual focus and try to focus with the ND filter on. Back button focus makes long exposures much easier by separating the shutter and focus buttons.

Looks good and looks like a polished website too. Other tips which might be handy to others even thought they're not your process are:

- Turn off long exposure noise reduction.
- Turn off IS on the lens.
- Take off the camera strap as the wind can make it shake the camera; peak design straps are good for this.
- Cover the eye piece if you use a DSLR without a digital viewfinder to stop light leaks.

Good job :)

Back