Critique Long Legged Fly (possible crane fly????)

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok I have been jealous of some of the lovely portraiture in this section recently so when I saw this beast thought I could try my luck.

Shot with Tamron 90mm + Nissin 866 mkii flash with softbox

Full set on my Flickr page...

All comments welcome :)

Yeah that first one has a great composition. Difficult to get a nice angle on these guys.

Bryn you are excelling at this macro lark!

First one is my favourite too
it is difficult to get a good angle on these but you have on the first one its great:)

Thanks guys,

@TimmyG hopefully improving but that is only cause of you guys and comments.

@GardenersHelper for portrait shots I was going for the eye and the one I did get of the mouth that was interesting, though stupidly deleted it cause the eyes were out of focus. Mind was on getting the portrait and not the overall lovelyness of the crane fly.

This is on the same fence panel as the Mummy Orb Weaver that I took the other day so surprised she didn't have a go.

Bryn as already been said you're clearly enjoying the little beasties types of shots & they are getting better (y)

Unusual looking little beast! Not seen anything like that before.
These are definitely some of the sharpest you have taken, if you don't mine me saying.
Have you used a different lens?

Dont mind you saying... this is still with the tamron 90mm. I think you have a crane fly in your post with flowers on the bark.

Back