Long time no see guys!!...THAT wedding...

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello! Its been a long time since Ive been seen on this website!

And I feel awful after all the advice I was given about 'that first wedding shoot' I never came back to show you the results!

For those of you who dont know me...Im a cake decorator...so my interest in photography kind of went hand-in-hand with that and I always wanted better pictures of my cakes....then my children...then my friend asked me to shoot a wedding with him, at our other friends wedding.

Bearing in mind...NONE of us had done this before! LOL

Even though Ive taken lots of pictures Im still relatively new to it...Theres lots of parts of photography I still dont know! :LOL:

BUT im prepared to now get ripped to bits by showing you the results....after all I did promise to show you all :bang:

One word of warning though....they will be BRIGHT...thats just how I like them, so some images will be noticeably blown...I know that...but for some reason I quite like it?! :shrug:

From Facebook:

249311_10150251097063323_6433687_n.jpg

284471_10150251097108323_509248322_7509227_5893603_n.jpg

223816_10150251097393323_509248322_7509231_77159_n.jpg

185200_10150251097573323_509248322_7509234_7721586_n.jpg

222516_10150251097923323_509248322_7509240_47222_n.jpg

Hey, don't worry I've not forgotten you, I remember your welcome to TP thread :p

Anyway I think you've done a great job considering its your first wedding. Well done, and you can only improve with the more experience you gain!

:) Hi Jamie!! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Really appreciate it :)

Really need to practice but never seem to have the time properly! I think another tog meet is on the cards :)

button-moon said:
:) Hi Jamie!! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Really appreciate it :)

Really need to practice but never seem to have the time properly! I think another tog meet is on the cards :)

You don't really need much time to improve small amounts of wedding photography.

Find some shoes in your house and find somewhere to photograph them, just as you would at a Brides house.
Photograph some jewellery, watch, makeup, etc, inn your house again.
Borrow your parents, bro, sis and photograph them aswell.

This way you can improve a lot about product and portrait photography and doesn't take minutes and find ways to experiment so that its not an experiment when it's for real!

Its more of trying to capture things as they happen as Im not a huge fan of posed photos....Ill have to take my camera to a few parties and try to capture people just walking around and being natural :) LOL

find some shoes in my house......that will NOT be hard ;) LOL x

button-moon said:
Its more of trying to capture things as they happen as Im not a huge fan of posed photos....Ill have to take my camera to a few parties and try to capture people just walking around and being natural :) LOL

find some shoes in my house......that will NOT be hard ;) LOL x

Haha didn't think it would be hard for a woman to find some shoes :p

But ye try parties or just street photography works :p

A few thoughts from a rank amateur:

No. 3 - perhaps crop on the right a little, in order to remove the darker section there.

No. 4 - I find the doorframe behind the bride to be a little intrusive. Perhaps a tighter crop to try to reduce its impact?

No. 10 - The little bit of hair that's impinging on the bride's eye seems to have more of an effect than it really should.

No. 11 - I love this one especially.

No. 12 - a lovely expression captured and a great moment recorded.

Some lovely photos here.

LOL Thanks Jamie :)

When I can be torn away from my cakes I will deffo have a try!!....2 more weddings to shoot this year....have no idea what Im getting myself in for but im sticking to these two and thats it! LOL

Mr pants....spot on! Yeah...noticed the hair, I took a few more but included that one for some reason? LOL and thank-you :) x

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the true test of a wedding photographer is in the pictures of the stars of the show. The bride, groom, bridesmaids etc... Anyone can photograph a cake, an empty church or a pair of shoes. Agreed, a bit of imagination improves the picture (image #1) but otherwise it's simple stuff.

So that leaves the pictures of people - capturing the beautiful moments of the day without too much intervention; apart from the shots where your intervention is key.

In terms of the people shots I think they are mostly cropped too tight. The little boy would have been better shot candidly as he seems to have turned into a grump when he knew you were taking his picture. The only shot of the couple is over the fence and while it's nice enough I would hope there were better pictures, perhaps showing more intimacy....

Image #11 is fab and suggests that with time and effort you'll get there. But you MUST work on the couple shots - as these are the ones that will make or break you.

HTH

Thanks Ryan, great info there!

Yeah the part I want to practice on are the people...shoes and cakes will sit there forever and a day waiting to be photographed...but people wont! LOL

as for the little boy...he doesnt smile...LOL im being serious! He didnt smile all day and cried putting his suit on bless him!

I do have a few more? just didnt want to fill the thread. And I agree...its all about the couple and will make or break...and at the moment I think we are stuck on break :) ha ha

267306_10150251100663323_509248322_7509293_4495451_n.jpg

250081_10150251100773323_509248322_7509294_7257362_n.jpg

16. this one appears a little oddly coloured to the rest?!
215161_10150251100953323_509248322_7509296_4743893_n.jpg

188200_10150251101363323_509248322_7509301_4465455_n.jpg

185290_10150251101278323_509248322_7509300_3564852_n.jpg

Thanks again for all the tips...I really do listen :) LOL x

For a first attempt I think you have done really well. Being an amateur I would be well pleased with these and practice makes perfect. Enjoy your next two weddings.

These are really good so well done. On the couple shots I may have aimed for a more shallow DOF on some of them. But well done, these are great for your first go and better than some regular WW's I know.

wow! I wasnt expecting people to like them LOL

I was waiting for...too bright, out of focus, chopped dress off etc. LOL

Im really chuffed that some of you like them :) Obviously I know theres room for massive improvement, but hopefully that will come with practice!
and I also need to work on my photoshop too....still need to get used to lightening one area without having to keep selecting it with the magic wand tool LOL

Nigel...what are WW's? and thanks ;) x

WWs are weekend wariors( togs who shoot weddings etc at weekends as they have a full time job elsewhere).

Some really nice shots in there Tracey, can see you extending the cake business to include weddings (then where will your spare time go)..haha

I am a recent bride myself, and it has re-ignited my passion for photography.

I really like these - there are some lovely shots - I like the one of the cake, the lighting of the unity candle and number 15.

I am sure the B & G loved them too! Well done!

Weekend Warriors!! LOL LOVE IT! ha ha

Thanks Steve! Ha ha I know, I have NO spare time whatsoever now. Thats why I only want to do these 2 weddings this year and then just concentrate on practicing the rest of the time. (inbetween wedding planning, baking cakes, etc!)

Sam thanks very much....and congrats :) x
The B&G did like them :)

Im just hoping I didnt do too badly. Ive seen those types of people.....shoot one good shot and set up a business. (this is myself included! I just wish we hadnt done it as soon as we had LOL) So I really am aiming to get good to show people Im not one of those 'i can do anything' type. LOL

Great stuff Tracey, im really impressed as I know you 'thought' you weren't upto it. B&G are happy, you should be too ;)

Phil.

for an amateur not bad, though I wouldn't pay for them.

Most of the ones with the bride is has the dress blown.....

It's sort of almost there, but not quite..........

a chianti to a chateuneuf-du-pape.

Keep going though - practice makes better.

Phil thank-you very much! :) but...im never happy with any of my work...sometimes i may get excited over a little picture, or one of the cakes i make but its not very often! LOL I dont think people who do this stuff are ever 100% happy with what they do?...or maybe im just too much of a perfectionist LOL

Hiya Nat!! Yep its been a long tie since i was here! LOL Thanks very much :)

Lynton/mike...not sure which one ha ha

im taking the first half of the top sentence as a comment LOL i really am a total amateur :)
But I did warn you about it being blown in the first post :) LOL
The bride and groom only paid for lens hire, so we essentially did them for free :)

And thank-you...Ill definitely will keep practicing! :)

Thanks everyone for your comments!! xx

Back