looking for a few tips and ideas

Edit My Images
No
I am attending a wedding and there is no photographer so thought to take the camera along and try and capture some photos for my friend who is the bride its only a small wedding 10 of us going and it is in Jersey so no chance to scope the place out other than google street view which I have played with.

Anyway the best man is their 5 year old son so I am looking for ideas on how to shoot the brid and best man groom and best man shots of them together trying to make it a little special for the lad as he is the best man after all. I don't really want him being picked up or carried but again I think photos of him standing on a wall or steps would look strange.

Also if anyone know Jersey well I was thinking about the harbour area in St Helier with the stone buildings and stone piers, I don't know if the beach area is nice or is it just a patch of sand next to a road? any local knowledge would be great.

Got a wide angle lens ? - by carefully positioning of the Best man closer to the camera than the happy couple you could make him look bigger - just be careful not to over do the effect !
If the bride is wearing a traditional type of dress then she could sit on the ground with dress splayed out with him stood beside her resulting in both heads being around the same height and you on a chair/steps so looking down on them. For groom and best man how about getting them both seated - b/m closer to you again for whatever help perspective or a wide angle lens can give.

Good luck !

Yeah I will have the 10-22 with me, I hadnt thought about trying that. Sitting down thing was an option but I was thinking that would be somthing different to try when we get back to the hotel I will get back on google street view and see if there are any steps in the town centre or near the harbour. Must remember to take somthing for the bride to sit on. normally I would have a car to use to store stuff and get around but not on this trip.

Back