Looking For a new Laptop...?

Name
Stevie
Edit My Images
No
Looking For a new Laptop...?

Dell have some great deals on just now...just purchased this:

STUDIO 15 (N0053505)

Base - Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40Ghz, 3MB, 1066MHz)

Memory - 4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]

Video Card - 512MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570

Hard Drive - 500GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive

Microsoft Operating System - Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English

Optical Devices - Fixed Internal DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software

Digital Photography - Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 7 - English

Primary Battery - Primary 9-cell 85 WHr Lithium Ion battery

LCD - 15.6in Widescreen High Definition (1366x768) WLED with TrueLife

£ 656.11

I have upgraded the red bits...about £140 for them all...the chip upgrade was free...there is a 10% off voucher on hotukdeals.com ...and free shipping...

I've spent a bit of time looking about...so hope this can help someone else...!!!

STEVIER

Thats pretty sweet, always loved Dell for their prices and, unexpectedley, the computers work 90% of the time.

ive liked the look of the studio range for a while now. great spec for a great price.

we run dell kit at work, latitude laptops and optiplex desktops. none of which have had hardware failure (that wasnt user damage) for as long as i can think of.. so these days theyre pretty good stuff.

Once I have had it a month or so I'll give it a thread for the comparison on running photo-edits with the Adobe Elements 7 against my old lappy...a bit of curio...

Been looking for a while...and it fell on my lap tonight...

Theres no free upgrade to windows 7 with this laptop is there? But using another tread on hotukdeals u can get it for 50 quid so 2 bargains, might go for one of these too, was gonna buy a macbook but can't reconcile the price they charge for the extra gain :(

Yes you will get a free upgrade to windows 7...

PC had to be bought after the 26th June...have a look here...

https://win7.dell.com/

Customers that purchased select Dell™ systems are eligible to register and receive an upgrade to Windows® 7...

To notify Dell of your interest in the upgrade, you will need to register by providing details on your system and setting up an account. When Windows® 7 is available, you will receive an e-mail requesting that you log into your account and place your order. Dell will use your email address to send status updates to keep you informed of your upgrade registration and order.

Note that a DVD drive will be required for installation of the upgrade.

I followed the link and although this is the US site.,..you then pick UK from the drop down menu...

Cant do any more until my system arrives on ar around 14th July...

Yes you will get a free upgrade to windows 7...

PC had to be bought after the 26th June...have a look here...

https://win7.dell.com/

Customers that purchased select Dell™ systems are eligible to register and receive an upgrade to Windows® 7...

To notify Dell of your interest in the upgrade, you will need to register by providing details on your system and setting up an account. When Windows® 7 is available, you will receive an e-mail requesting that you log into your account and place your order. Dell will use your email address to send status updates to keep you informed of your upgrade registration and order.

Note that a DVD drive will be required for installation of the upgrade.

I followed the link and although this is the US site.,..you then pick UK from the drop down menu...

Cant do any more until my system arrives on ar around 14th July...

I ordered mine on the 24th june:(

wouldn't touch a 5400 hd, other than that it's a good spec.

Agree with that, 7200RPM is the way to go IMO, definite gains available.:)

I ordered mine on the 24th june:(

Ouch, cancel it now and re-order!

You should be able to pick up Win 7 HP for £50 however in the earlybird deal from the middle of July.:)

I just got....

Acer Aspire 8930G, 944G64Bn, Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 Processor, 18.4" Screen, Windows Vista Ultimate, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Blu-Ray, Dedicated Graphics...

Cost nearly £1,000 but its a monster machine. Not one to be carried everywhere, more of a desktop replacement. It's for the motorhome, as my iMac was a pain in the ass on the Highlands trip.

Anyway, it's good value SPECS wise.

Gary.

Agree with that, 7200RPM is the way to go IMO, definite gains available.:)

Ouch, cancel it now and re-order!

You should be able to pick up Win 7 HP for £50 however in the earlybird deal from the middle of July.:)

Can't, already saying my lappy is out for delivery :(

I bought this 10 days ago http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Latitude-E6500-2-4GHz-160GB-2GB-Cam-WXGA-DVD-RW_W0QQitemZ290321356592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Laptops_EH?hash=item4398805730&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_trkparms=|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A30 and am amazed at the sheer quality of this machine.

Over the last couiple of months i have bought and sold top spec Dell Studios including a 17 inch all singing and dancing model, ive also bought a Dell XPS specced to the hilt and none come close to the Latitude which even has 3 years warranty.

the screen is superb and once calibrated comes very close to my Dell 2407 WFP, viewing angles are poorer but hey, its a laptopo.

Very, very robust, the Dell Studios have way too much "flex" in them and you often feel as if you are going to bend and break their screens, not so the Latitude, tough as teak.

It came with Vista Business pre loaded but i asked for it to be loaded with XP Pro which was done for me at no cost, apparently Vista Ultimate and Business licences allow for a legal downgrade to XP Pro.

Comes with a 7200 rpm drive which makes a massive difference.

All in all a top spec and top class machine, well recomended as is the seller i bought from, i trawled all the resellers and none could match the spec for the price, some even only offered 6 months warranty on used machines where as mine was brand new.

Nice machine, I assume they don't do 13inch versions?

(reason I bought an xps as it was the only 13inch dell at the time).

just got my new dell through the post yesterday :)
But I went with the Vostro 1720 with the super high res screen. Looks really great and totally worth spending an extra £10 to make it red ;)
Its sitting there looking at me all sexy like haha

Nice machine, I assume they don't do 13inch versions?

(reason I bought an xps as it was the only 13inch dell at the time).
they do different sizes, i think the latitude 13 inch is the 4500 model, i also had an XPS 13 inch and my latitude walks all over it.

Just bought the cheapest Dell Inspiron 15.5" we could find with an acceptable level of performance - £399 from PC World...
Runs CS4 well enough and if (when) it dies out in the desert, it's no big deal to replace it...

Nearly £1500 for a comparible 'other' OS platform...lol

Back