Looking for a new monitor or 2

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been looking for a new monitor. One of the main uses for my pc now a days is photo editing. Dont game on it any longer due to having my xbox 360. I currently have a dell 20.1 inch widescreen and am looking for something a little bigger and with better colour reproduction. Ideally i would like to get 2 identical monitors as i uses 3 screens on my pc currently, 2x17inch tfts and 1x20.1 inch widescreen.

Currently been looking at these samsung monitors as they seem to have superb spec and great reviews.

Samsung SM-245B 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-054-SA&groupid=703&catid=17&subcat=510

Anyone any thoughts or other recomendations for monitors at all around the 24 inch size and around the same price.

My Samsung is a 20" but it's been faultless for the year(ish) I've had it.

Edit: just read through this - http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_245b.htm and im not sure now, i did think from other reviews i had read this screen looked really good!!

Edit 2 : im currently working on a dell 2005fpw if this helps in anyway

Edit 3: After using the tft selecter it seems to be recomending me the BenQ FP241W and the Dell 2407WFP-HC.

What are peoples opinions on these screens?

I have a 24" widescreen dell (2407FPW or 2407WFP depending on where you read it), it is truely an amazing monitor and I highly recommend it. The dell ultrasharps are all great, and the 24" is capable of playing 1080p HDTV, which is quite usefull.
I have heard great things about the samsung 24" and rumours about the screen inside the dell's being produced by samsung or on the same production line.
The dell is a bit more exensive so it depends on budget, but there are a few nice features on the dell, which include:
being able to rotate the screen through 90deg (to portrait),
having a multicard reader and a USB 2 hub built into the side of it,
and the back having loads of different input options, such as RGB meaning you can connect the scart from a freeview box ect straight into it and use it like a TV.
There are also plenty of the Dell 24" on ebay if your looking to save some pennies.

I too have the Dell 24" and i can honestly say it would be an excellent choice.(y)

I have a 24" widescreen dell (2407FPW or 2407WFP depending on where you read it), it is truely an amazing monitor and I highly recommend it. The dell ultrasharps are all great, and the 24" is capable of playing 1080p HDTV, which is quite usefull.
I have heard great things about the samsung 24" and rumours about the screen inside the dell's being produced by samsung or on the same production line.
The dell is a bit more exensive so it depends on budget, but there are a few nice features on the dell, which include:
being able to rotate the screen through 90deg (to portrait),
having a multicard reader and a USB 2 hub built into the side of it,
and the back having loads of different input options, such as RGB meaning you can connect the scart from a freeview box ect straight into it and use it like a TV.
There are also plenty of the Dell 24" on ebay if your looking to save some pennies.

I too have the Dell 24" and i can honestly say it would be an excellent choice.(y)

Cheers guys, after a lot of umming and erring im now stuck between getting 2xdell 2407 wfp - hc or 1x 30 inch dell 3007 wfp - hc.

Both seem to come highly recomended for media/photographic work.

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Go with the 2407-HC. Stay away from the cheaper TN screens if colour reproduction is important to you. Whether you get two of these or go with a single 3007 is up to you really and how you prefer to configure your desktop space.

If faithful (colour) reproduction for graphical work (e.g. photo editing) is important I would have a look at the 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display. The choice of pros.
They ain't cheap. But then: you get what you pay for.

Thats ok antc, personally between those I would get two 24" over the 30", the 30" is huge, and is better suited with a longer viewing distance. (I can't afford either of those options so its only my opinion), but you will have a much greater desktop area with two 24", and much easier to position on a desk for ergonomics.
I would recommend using both monitors (if you go for the 24" route) from two DVI outputs rather than one DVI and one VGA. Hopefully your graphics card / or cards can accommodate that.

Just got an HP 22'' wide screen HDMI 200 quid from Makro + vat. Great picture quality, the built in speakers are a bit tinny though. the 2 usb ports on the side are handy. I think they do a 24'' version as well not sure of the price though....Ian

Back