Looking for a printing service with Aluminium backing..

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Wondered if anyone can help?
After getting some wall prints done on a metal thin backing..waterproof if possible?
anyone found a UK company that does this and you have been pleased with the results?
Kind regards
Steve

Last edited:
Theres a company called WhiteWall that ran an advertisement in last months Practical Photography http://www.whitewall.co.uk they claim to be Europe's leading lab for gallery quality prints, mountings and framings.

Supposedly their aluminium prints start from £4.90.

Just a quick point to say that I am in no way affiliated to them and I have no experience of them other than reading their ad. Maybe others can comment on them?

Hope that helps :)

This might sound strange, i have used one of my local vinyl printing companies to print a picture out for me then i have got the piece of aluminium it was going on to cut to the size of picture and smoothed the edges off..

Print cost me £25 an the alu sheet was about £10. For A2 size it was a bloody good deal.
Blueprint in Nottingham have HD printers now, you'll struggle to find better i think.

Theres a company called WhiteWall that ran an advertisement in last months Practical Photography http://www.whitewall.co.uk they claim to be Europe's leading lab for gallery quality prints, mountings and framings.

Supposedly their aluminium prints start from £4.90.

Just a quick point to say that I am in no way affiliated to them and I have no experience of them other than reading their ad. Maybe others can comment on them?

Hope that helps :)

Thanks James,
Tried Whitewall and very pleased with the result!
Thanks
Steve

I ordered a direct print on aluminium backing (81cm x 54cm)
I must say it took longer than the 6 working days to be dispatched but then it was delivered from Germany within two days.
Total cost was £88.80

Hi kendoddsdadsdog
I am just about to order a print from the same company but I am hesitating as I am not sure if it is exactly what I need. What I am looking for is an images to be printed directly onto the surface of the metal... is this what the print you ordered was? Also when you say longer than 6 days... much longer? I have 14 days :) Thanks, Natalie

Back