Looking for HERO 10 Example files

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Thinking of taking the leap from my two HERO 7 Blacks to HERO 10 Black... But I would like to try some example files to see if my computer and software is up to the job.... I do NOT mean I want to look at examples online.. I mean I want to get hold of some files :)

Does anyone have a HEROE 10 black who could send me a couple of files (wetransfer maybe?) top end 5k and 4k

Any help mucho appreciated

Nobody got a hero 10 then ? :(

I jsut need a hera 10 owner who can wetransfer a short video to me... ? :)

I have the 8, not the 10. I spoke to someone using the 10 at the weekend and they mentioned the max recording time is limited due to overheating. I don't have that problem with the 8.

I have the 8, not the 10. I spoke to someone using the 10 at the weekend and they mentioned the max recording time is limited due to overheating. I don't have that problem with the 8.

I have two 7-blacks ..I can only just get the required 45 mins I need out of them at 2.7k/60 .. I wanted the better battery life the 10 has and see if I can get maybe 4k/60 or above but really not sure if my desktop computer can handle those files.. Its always shootimng outside so the over heating problem is less

how about powering with an external battery? I don't know about the 7, but with the 8 I can take off the battery door and charge with USB C. I think there are third party weatherproof doors with access to the USB port if you need that.

how about powering with an external battery? I don't know about the 7, but with the 8 I can take off the battery door and charge with USB C. I think there are third party weatherproof doors with access to the USB port if you need that.

OK in summer but we get a lot of rain in accy :) plus the gopro will be clamped to a sort of pole about 6ft off ground... hard to attach external batter as well :(

2.7k allows me to crop in 50% for 1080 output but would like to try 4k or above... battery doesnt last and cant do 4k/60

I have the GoPro Hero 10. I thought the overheating would be an issue, but it isn't for me. If you intend to use it indoors, then yes, it will overheat.
The last time I used it, it was warm weather with the sun on it and I had a battery pack attached, with a wind cover on it. The camera got rather warm, so I took the wind cover off (made of closed foam). It cooled down. Not all the way, but it did help.

With this camera, to add an external battery, you would need to buy a separate battery door for it.

Links:
Battery Cover
Wind Cover
Battery Pack - USB A to USB C cable included

I have the GoPro Hero 10. I thought the overheating would be an issue, but it isn't for me. If you intend to use it indoors, then yes, it will overheat.
The last time I used it, it was warm weather with the sun on it and I had a battery pack attached, with a wind cover on it. The camera got rather warm, so I took the wind cover off (made of closed foam). It cooled down. Not all the way, but it did help.

With this camera, to add an external battery, you would need to buy a separate battery door for it.

Links:
Battery Cover
Wind Cover
Battery Pack - USB A to USB C cable included

Sorry only just sene this... yes as stated its all outside use.. on a small monopod or fixed to a pole... no stabalisation needed.. But i do need the battery to last a good 45 minutes at 4k/60 ?

Dont suppose you ahve any small example files you could wetransfer to me of 4k/60 and/or above ? :) just to see if my destop computer/software can handle it

In reality would the batter last on wide 40k/60 no stabalisation for 45/50+ minutes?

PS the 4k is for zooming in purposes.. video released as 1080

Last edited:
Using a GoPro hero 9 I set it up to shoot a long timelapse. I have the battery door so I plugged in a powerbank and started with a fully charged battery. It was positioned in a shop window and started at 8.00am and ran till 5.40pm taking a shot every 5 seconds. Powerbank was 10000mAh and by the end of the day it was showing 35% with the GoPro showing 98% no overheating issues. When ive used it outside with the powerbank plugged in I just squeeze some bluetac around the plug to keep any water out, never had any issues with water getting in.

I have a Hero3+, it will record for two and a half hours, aside from the display on the back I can't imagine that I would want anymore. For high quality I use my Fuji X100V but for action pictures and underwater videos of pond fish I can't see I would ever want to spend another fortune on a GoPro unless it breaks. I have had it for many years and did replace the battery just the once as the original blew. I have heard that the Hero 10 on full works lacks battery power and overheats, the reviews on this matter are not favourable.

Back