Looking for UK Arca Swiss compatible plates

Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings all!

I'm on a bit of a hunt to find a suitable Arca Swiss compatible plate for my Canon R6m2 with BG-R10. In the past I've used Kirk plates, however it seems the UK has a really bad supply of them and I'm really not finding anywhere with stock of the PZ-185 plate. So I'm wondering if either I'm searching the wrong term or looking in the wrong stores or if everyone has moved to a different provider of plates moulded to the bottom of cameras/battery grips.

I've used Kirk plates all the time in the past for my 7D and lenses with a shoulderstrap and its fantastic so I want to continue that with my R6M2

Hi and welcome to TP

Two thoughts.....

Perhaps Acratech (edit ~ auto correct put missed typo here) though for the body not with grip

As for Kirk
This EU based shop I have used a couple of times and IIRC so have other TPers

Last edited:
Thanks BB - Photoproshop was indeed the only one I could find that seemed to be at least EU based. with Kirk stock

It's why I wondered if everyone had moved to another plate type or manufacturer because in the past places like Wex had good stock of such things.

Thanks BB - Photoproshop was indeed the only one I could find that seemed to be at least EU based. with Kirk stock

It's why I wondered if everyone had moved to another plate type or manufacturer because in the past places like Wex had good stock of such things.
If you contact Bob Rigby he may know of the suitability of an Acratech plate when used with the battery grip?

Yeah though looking at the general Acratch designs they seem to use a shorter profile of metal for the plate. Which honestly is totally fine for mounting to a tripod, but I 've found having a longer plate helps when using the plate with a quick release clamp and a shoulder strap. Just lets you off-set the camera base on the strap so it hangs better from the hip.

If you want just a generic long plate AJ-S stocks Promediagear.

Yeah I gave up with generic ones ages ago - more affordable, but without the anti-twist edges things do move. Esp if I'm using it as part of shoulder strap setup. I want that plate going on and basically never coming off once its on.

I've bought Kirk stuff from B&H, they sort all the import duties etc so it's not much less convenient than ordering from a local retailer... but it does end up adding a big chunk of change to your order.

Back