Looking to upgrade to a Nikon Z6 or Z6 II

Name
Carl & Monima Simpson-Smith
Edit My Images
No
Hi,
Currently I have a Nikon DSLR but after getting in to photography ion a big way I'm looking to buy something that is going to last a good few years and not be old technology.
I have plenty of glass of Nikon, so I plan to stick with the brand, but I wondered if anyone in this forum had any experience with the Nikon Z's?

I'm looking for positives and negatives really.

Thanks in advance.

ā€™Zā€™ owners thread here:

I moved from a D750 (via Fuji) and am glad I did. I really enjoy the small(er) size and weight of the mirrorless. I went for the Z5 as it does all I need and uses dual SD cards.

I'd probably narrow it down to Z5 or Z6 if you're a stills shooter, the Z6II is a lot of extra cash for predominantly some excellent additional video features. Spend the significant amount of saved cash on a nice native Z lens instead.

Mirrorless moves really, really quickly, so any option will be 'old' within a couple of years, but that shouldn't matter, if it works well today it'll still take the same photos in 4 years. Look at the D750, that's 'old' at 7 years old now, but still an excellent option.

Worth checking your glass is all compatible, particularly if you have any third party stuff like Tamron or Sigma. The FTZ adaptor is excellent but has its limits.

Back