Looks like I wangled a scanner!

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw a scanner on freecycle the other day, so emailed away and said I'd love it if it hadn't already gone. I don't know a lot about scanners never really having used one before, but I've been wanting one for a while so I can get some of my stuff on here for you lot to laugh at...:LOL:
I pick it up tomorrow - it's never been used apparently, and has just been sat about gathering dust.
Anyway it's an Epson Perfection 1660. It looks like an old model they don't do anymore and looking at current models it's down on resolution being only 1600dpi x 3200dpi, but what they hey - I'm getting it for nothing:). It has an attchment for slides too, which is what I'll use it for, hopefully.

What do you lot think to it - will the resolution be enough for general use? I mean putting scans of slides and prints on here, emailing scans of my bum to my mum, etc?

I once more await your wise and sagacious words.... :D

Cheers Mr CT, I'd missed that review when I was looking yesterday. :)
As you said, it looks ok, especially seeing as I'm getting it for nothing. I was worried that the res might be too low but it was obviously ok a couple of years ago so I'm sure it'll be fine.
Whatever the results, I'll put some scans up here for your entertainment when I get it going. Maybe Friday when I'm off work.
Julian.

Res will be fine, as long as you don't want to print big.
It'll do 6x4's easy and walk anything you want to post on the interwebznet :)

Thanks Joxby, that's my main concern out the window!(y)
I picked it up last night. It needs a wipe to get the dust off but it works when you plug it in!:LOL:
I just need to find a spare USB wire which I'll try and rob from work today, and download the drivers Friday when I have a mo. You lot'll be guffawing at my attempts at photogrpahy before you know it...:D

Whatever, it has to be better than putting slides on a lightbox and taking macro pictures of them with my G10!!!:bonk:

Back