Lord Lichfield dies

RIP

:(
Only read about him being ill yesterday.

Damn - that's a shame, I actually met him once, he saw me taking some tripod shots of his pad -Weston Park and came over chatting. The National Trust own most of it now, and on the rare occassions he was there, he just occupied a very small apartment in the house. He still had a wonderful enthusiasm for photography after all those years. He was a genuinely nice guy with absolutely no side on him at all! :(

EDIT,

Shugborough Hall of course - not Weston Park, that's Lord Bradford's pitch.

Sad day for us all - never liked his images much, but you're right - he was a good guy with no pretentiousness about him at all.

The sky is a little darker now as another star blinks out.

I didn't really know much about him and although I've probably seen some of his work I wouldn't have known whose it was (still wouldn't, although I expect we'll see a lot of it on the news so I'll finally be able to put a name to it). By all accounts he seems a good egg so RIP Lord Lichfield.

He got to do the Pirelli Calender quite a few times Jamey so if you've ever seen any of those you've probably ogled over some of his glamour shots. :)

Agreed - 66 is not old at all these days.

I think I can echo Jameys comments. While I have certainly heard of him, I wouldn't have known who he was, and which were his work.

Nevertheless, RIP indeed, lets hope he enjoys his time in the darkroom in the sky.

He did the wedding photo's for big ears and lady di. nuff said. Now that's got to a pressure gig. Trying to hide his ears and stop her looking nervous?

gandhi said:
Trying to hide his ears and stop her looking nervous?

If only one comment makes me laugh today, that's the one :D

Considering he was the Queen's cousin, he wouldn't have got the same degree of bollocking that one of us would for stuffing that job up...

Also considering the kind of priveliged access he enjoyed, his images seemed a little tame to me.
I met him a while back and he was a genuinely good bloke - very interested in what we Military phots were up to and the level of training we recieved.

Back