Lost a old friend today

Messages
17,679
Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Followed my every footstep for the last 80 plus years , never missed a day or an event .. suspected something wasn’t right at the start of the week , drained of colour and just flapping about .. hospital yesterday and they said nothing we can do even if we wanted to ..I came home feeling very depressed and somewhat annoyed . Only really spent 30 minutes with the doctor just thought that what A&E was there for .



However





A quick phone call yesterday and explaining to a lovely helpfull lady got us squeezed in today for a emergency appointment






And now the deed is done








My big toenail has been totally removed no pain , just a bit tender .. by by old friend hopefully. your replacement will last another 80 years LOL
 
I'll never forget having the same thing done, 66 years ago. Nowhere near enough anaesthetic, incredibly painful. Bandaged it up, had to walk or rather hop 2 miles home on my own at the age of just 15. . .
The improvements to patient care since then have been tremendous:)
 
I'll never forget having the same thing done, 66 years ago. Nowhere near enough anaesthetic, incredibly painful. Bandaged it up, had to walk or rather hop 2 miles home on my own at the age of just 15. . .
The improvements to patient care since then have been tremendous:)
Have to admit I was crapping it on the way to the chiropractor, but she was really good and and tackled it calmly without causing any pain or discomfort , I was expecting a injection and having it ripped off instead she just removed it a tiny bit at a time ,and trimmed all the other nails to . Total bliss to walk now
 
I ran a half marathon in 2016, and a couple of toes were increasingly painful towards the end. Pulled the shoe off expecting lots of blood but nothing to be seen. A couple of days later 2 toenails had gone black and then fell off - this is apparently quite normal for long distance runners.
 
Not quite long distance running, but I play golf 3 times a week and walk our young dog a lot. I average about 14,000 steps a day.
My toenails give more discomfort than all the other achy bits combined.
 
I think my problem was caused by type 2 diabetes . Plus old age .but it was lovely walking around today
 
I had both my big toe nails removed one at 15 and the other at 18.
 
I had both my big toe nails removed one at 15 and the other at 18.
Glad I don’t live in your street .. what do they do at number 21 amputations
 
Glad I don’t live in your street .. what do they do at number 21 amputations
I had ingrowing toenails and that's just how they treated them back in the day. I suggest you don't look it up, it's enough to put you of your dinner.
 
Back
Top