Lovely sunrise

Name
John Larson
Edit My Images
Yes
I was up early before the rain comes today and decided to use this chimney, does this work ?? comments welcome please

P7048390.jpg

IMO there's too much black in the picture - it's a nice sky, but there's just a little too much black for it to work. I recommend either using *a very small amount of* either "fill light" in PP, or [sacrilege though it sounds] using HDR to get the two exposure levels required, and blending the background and foreground together.

Also, I think the chimney is in the wrong place. I think if you had moved slightly [closer or to the right] to get the sunrise over the hill on the right, and the chimney more to the left I think it would have worked better. A quick tip that might improve this photo is a crop of the top right corner, stopping at the bottom left where the chimney meets the first [dark] horizon.

Hope this helps, and please bear in mind that this is my opinion, and may frequently be in disagreement with other people!

Nice sunrise though, and thanks for sharing (y)

Strange one! Nice colours in the sky, not such a hot foreground. I think about 50% less foreground, which means more sky - and then move the chimney more to the left.

Gary.

Back