Low Flying in Wales

Name
Steve Gordon
Edit My Images
No
Earlier in the month a few friends and I headed to north Wales to the Mach Loop, an RAF low flying training ground. This was my first trip and unfortunately due to the storms we only got two hawks through for the whole three days we spent there. Still it fun to experience and I certainly want to return.

Cheers,
Steve

PSG0803A1-0059F.jpg

PSG0803A1-0060F.jpg

PSG0803A1-0061F.jpg

PSG0803A1-0064F.jpg

PSG0803A1-0062F.jpg

Shame the weather didn't allow you to exercise those super photo skills of your Steve but this little taste is just a preview of some great action photography to come for sure you got caught up in the biggest storm for years got to have better luck next time.

Cheers
Bill

Thanks guys. I'm eager to head back once the weather is better. I wish I lived closer though. It was a worthwhile trip to get shown around the locations and to have a quick practice on the hawks. I'm hoping for huge numbers of front lines on my next trip!

Nice shots. I would love to discover some of these vantage points. Guess in the NE they are well hidden :(

Thanks again guys. I've had some prints of these done and I'm pretty happy with them for a first try.

Nice shots. I would love to discover some of these vantage points. Guess in the NE they are well hidden :(

They're not too hard to find actually. There's a village called Dolgellau where we stay and from there all the locations are within an easy drive of 10-20 minutes.

Check out the location guides at http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1&mforum=flylowforumx1z for more information on specific location directions.

Hi Steve.

Some very nice shots there mate, think #1 stands out for me.

Steve...

Back