Lowepro SlingShot 100

Thanks for the link Mull. I should've tried searching for the topic before I posted. hehe.
And thanks for the info gwocni. Do you know if the 200 will accomodate a D80 with grip? From the reviews on Amazon, I'm thinking that it will.

It should fit in the 200 but it may be tight. Hopefully someone can confirm this as I have no direct experience of the 200.

David.

I have the 300 and its quite snug with the D80 + grip. I think it would fit it the 200 but you wouldn't get much else in there. The 300 is only £62 through amazon.

Are you set on a Slingshot? I bought the 100 as my first bag and it is superb. You will very quickly outgrow it, believe me. I have now opted for a Magnum.... http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shoulder_Bags/allWeather/Magnum_AW.aspx
This means that the 100 is now a very good day bag.
I do have to say that as of this time I still cannot fill the Magnum with kit but hope to do so soon. :LOL:
Nikonites beware... The Magnum does not take the D200 with 80-200 f2.8, vertically, the way that I would like it.:rules:

David.

I would be surprised if the 100 does take the D80 and grip, I have the slingshot 200 and with the grip on my D80 it is tight I have found that turning the camera through 90 degrees was necessary ( i.e the bottom of the camera is parallel to the bottom of the bag)

Are you set on a Slingshot? I bought the 100 as my first bag and it is superb. You will very quickly outgrow it, believe me. I have now opted for a Magnum.... http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shoulder_Bags/allWeather/Magnum_AW.aspx
This means that the 100 is now a very good day bag.
I do have to say that as of this time I still cannot fill the Magnum with kit but hope to do so soon. :LOL:
Nikonites beware... The Magnum does not take the D200 with 80-200 f2.8, vertically, the way that I would like it.:rules:

David.

I was set on a slingshot, but not so sure now if either the 100 or 200 won't accomodate a D80 and grip comfortably. :( My bag now is pretty large and holds all my gear, but I really like the design of the SS. Having a bag that I rarely have to put down looks nice. hehe

The SS 300 looks like it would work, but it's still a beast looking bag that would consume my minimal arsenal of lenses. I may just give the 200 a shot and give it to my girlfriend if I don't like it. :p

I was set on a slingshot, but not so sure now if either the 100 or 200 won't accomodate a D80 and grip comfortably. :( My bag now is pretty large and holds all my gear, but I really like the design of the SS. Having a bag that I rarely have to put down looks nice. hehe

The SS 300 looks like it would work, but it's still a beast looking bag that would consume my minimal arsenal of lenses. I may just give the 200 a shot and give it to my girlfriend if I don't like it. :p

I have a 200, after upgrading from the 100, its a good bag

My 350D with grip fitted into the 100 when I went to tunisia, it was a little tight but fitted.

My 1DMKIIn with the 28-135mm lens fits into my 200 with my 75-300 and my 17-35mmEX, 580EX Flash, 50mm 1.8. and hoods, remote trigger and spare batteries (although I do have to use the top section too.
Although the camera is a little tight top to bottom, it still goes in and still closes fine.

Hope this helps :)

I bought the 300 as youve got some extra space for future upgrade or sandwiches ...lol

Dave

The 200 will most likely be a tight fit but should be workable.

My 350D works with a grip and it goes but not much pace to spare.

I also carry the 60mm, the 10-22, all sorts of odds and sods, remote, 580EX etc etc and the 350 also has the17-85 on.

I am quite sure the 200 should work for your 200.

I am not sure but I don't think that the 300 has the "true slingshot" diagonal strap like the 100 and 200 but I could be wrong on this:thinking::LOL:(y)

F-stop, I have a D80 + grip and a Sling Shot 200 and I think it all fits very cosy. As Davec223 said it is necessary to turn the camera so as the grip is near the bottom of the bag (when the bag it stood upright) rather than the grip being next to the opening flap. I like the 200 - I even carry my 5D + grip in it without any problem.

Iv got a 5D and 40D with grips and have been looking at these bags, unfortunatly only the 300 has look like a good size if you have a camera and grip, there are lots of reviews if you google it, lots WITH pictures so you can see whats in them.. im going to get the 300 as iv out grown my Crumpler by a large amount!!...

Back