Beginner Lowepro Slingshot 102AW or 202AW

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

Just joined the forum as I've just decided to get into photography. Having today bought a Canon EOS 700D I now require a bag to keep it in. I'm pretty sure I don't want to end up lugging huge amounts of gear with me, albeit just now, so I was thinking about the Lowepro Slingshot 102AW or 202AW as either of these would suit me I feel. I suppose my question is this, which one? Do I go for the 102 which I 'think' I prefer OR do I go for the 202 to accommodate the extra gear I'm sure to need/buy? I feel I can already guess the answers here!! Thanks for any advice in advance!

Whatever you buy will soon be too small !!

I would go with the 202, you can put your sarnies and rain mac in until you fill with Tc's, lenses, flash, etc, etc.

I used a Slingshot 102 for many years to carry around a 550D with lens plus extra lens plus everything else you could want and found it perfect. Light and flexible and a pleasure to use. The 202 is also good but surplus to your needs I would think.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I think I will go for the 102 just now. If it needs replaced in a year or so then so be it. Thanks again!

I'd suggest the 202aw. I'm sure you'll soon start buying other stuff and run out of room. Either bag is excellent (I've had both but just have the 202 now)

I have a 202, it's not a big bag but it's surprising how much kit you can cram into it if you pack it right.

Hi again folks.

I went for the 202 AW. However it was surprisingly hard to get in the UK. I've ended up with one from eBay, used a couple of times so it's as new. Picked it up for £20 delivered so I'm really happy with that. Now I just have to fill it!!!

Back