Lowery Bridge at night PANO

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these shots in salford queys late december 2007.

stitched in photoshop,

Hope you like them.

Gareth

Lowery-Bridge.jpg

Lowery-BridgeBW.jpg

I was going to say its a shame that you didnt get all the bridge in at the right. then i realised my web page wasnt showing the whole picture haha.

Very nice Pano. love it.

Very nicely taken! So different to the usual shots too, which makes it even more impressive :)

hey, thanks guys , i like them. I was going to create a HDR but ive lost one of the RAW files....lol

never mind, my be next time .

thanks again

Gareth

Agree with others. I like the way that "bending" the rules produces a fine image.

(y)

As I said, impressive....But it's Lowry, not Lowery :geek:

Prefer the B&W version, although the reflections in the glass are a little distracting

different and good

wow!! amazing shots! and brilliantly stitched. tell me more...how is this done?

Easy really,

First thing i did was work out where the center of the LOWRY (Thanks Marcel) bridge was by looking at the spine and where the cables attached it. Once i got that bit right i set the exposure in manual mode to the lightened buildings at each end. flipped the camera 90 degrees and started shooting Inbetween the people crossing it. once on the pc stitching was an issue, I tried 4 programs and the only one that would do it correctly was photoshop cs3. after that it was the usual play around in adobe.

My insperation for this shot was my first attempt at the bridge shown below. but after joining a few forums i relised that others had taken the same shot, some a lot better ( peter Carr ). After seeing this i had to go back and shot my own version of this man made structure.

Thanks again for all comment and questions.

P.s. Do you think this image would sell?

Lowry-Bridge.jpg

think you,

there is a posh shopping center just near the bridge. I might find out if there is a gallery in there.

Gareth

Love all three shots. Prefer the colour pano of the bridge, just seems to work better to me. What lens did you use and how many shots did you have to stitch tongether.

I keep trying my hand at pano's but do not come out how I want them to, seeing shots like this will keep me try though!

I think they could both sell very nice

Love all three shots. Prefer the colour pano of the bridge, just seems to work better to me. What lens did you use and how many shots did you have to stitch tongether.

I keep trying my hand at pano's but do not come out how I want them to, seeing shots like this will keep me try though!

I think they could both sell very nice

Alan

I think there is 8 shots in total. it was really hard to stitch.

thanks for the comments guys

Gareth

Back