Loxely vs dscl

I'm confused - if the customer asks them not to change an image, why do they change it?

because they print all day every day, and see 1000's of images a month, so if anyone knows how best to process your image it's them

in short, they know more than we do :LOL:
at least I mean in terms of the translation between screen and print

Last edited:
They don't - they will call you if theyre not happy with the quality of the print and advise you how it may be fixed!

Ah, I didn't know they called - I thought Kevin meant they just went ahead with adjustments anyway.

It still comes down to the fact that 'for me' Loxley produce the better prints. Why do I spend thousands of £££££ on cameras and lenses to achieve the best quality photographs I can only to save a few pence on the lab printing that gives me (my customers) the final results? Whether they know they are the best or not is beside the point surely, i know they are getting the best i can provide. Are your print prices so low that the printing costs matter to that degree?

when you compare side by side there may be visible difference, but if you were to hand a DSCL print to a client without them seeing the loxley print do you think they'd notice/care?

it's like shooting a 550d next to a d800, the latter would easily win in IQ but the former could still be an amazing, award winning photograph

my test for me is- are the prints good enough to hang on my wall, to give to others to hang on their wall- and with dscl the answer is always yes

the only company i've really had a problem with are viva print, who's canvas' are way to unsaturated and it was giving me prints I couldn't use

The difference side by side is big, not just with them, colour world etc all use better different printers and he quality is better. A lot better. Dscl is good, it's just you can get a lot better, it just costs more. The difference is a fair jump not slight.

The difference side by side is big, not just with them, colour world etc all use better different printers and he quality is better. A lot better. Dscl is good, it's just you can get a lot better, it just costs more. The difference is a fair jump not slight.

your eyes must be significantly more sensitive to the differences than my eyes.

What printer do colour world, loxley etc use to print standard prints that are so much better than the fuji frontier that DSCL use?

you should use an quality pigment inkjet then - better quality and lightfastness :LOL:

It still comes down to the fact that 'for me' Loxley produce the better prints. Why do I spend thousands of £££££ on cameras and lenses to achieve the best quality photographs I can only to save a few pence on the lab printing that gives me (my customers) the final results? Whether they know they are the best or not is beside the point surely, i know they are getting the best i can provide. Are your print prices so low that the printing costs matter to that degree?

your eyes must be significantly more sensitive to the differences than my eyes.

What printer do colour world, loxley etc use to print standard prints that are so much better than the fuji frontier that DSCL use?

i think ive said this before, noritsu machines,same people that manfactuer the frontier for fuji the difference is in high defenition laser and different software
beetween the noritsu brand and fuji brand fuji = vw golf nortisu = audi r8
made by same people, made for different things

loxley DO NOT adjust anything without permission,if it comes off and they think it needs adjustment they will call customer and advise (y)

I ordered a test print from loxley last week with a set colour corrected and a set non colour corrected but only recieved the non colour corrected set.

I sent an email at 4pm yesterday afternoon and they have had them reprinted and the postie handed them to me at 9:15am this morning.

You cant knock that for service and the prints are excellent

..and as a first time customer of DSCL I can only add that the quality of the prints I have just received from them is wonderful, and I doubt I'll be using Photobox again.......!

..and as a first time customer of DSCL I can only add that the quality of the prints I have just received from them is wonderful, and I doubt I'll be using Photobox again.......!

+1 (not to mention sooo much cheaper....for better quality :thinking:)

I must admit I am a Loxely fan.

I am lucky enough to live only 5 mins from the lab. I popped in today to pick up an order which saves me the p&p to bee greeted by a lady that works in the lab she informed me of an error that had been made and that my order had been sent in the post. This included a 20x16 foam mount she asked if I could wait or come back in an hour and she would get the ordered processed again! No questions asked and I could have easily doubled my prints and sold them to the client at a discounted rate! I couldn't wait and having em in the post with no expense to me is not a problem.

With regards to quality well not many out there beat them. Customer service is also second to none. They even called me to inform me that I had selected a lower res image than my normal and did I want them to go ahead and print. This was a mistake on my part which could have cost me money.

Would highly recommend them.

Back