LR auto tone

I've never been very impressed with auto tone as it seems to have a fondness for fill light and brightness but RawShooter did the same.

There's not a way to tweak the result, it just tries to get the histogram within range. :(

I've never been very impressed with auto tone as it seems to have a fondness for fill light and brightness but RawShooter did the same.

There's not a way to tweak the result, it just tries to get the histogram within range. :(
Wonder if many togs still use RawShooter..i still use it quite often and like it..i think it is still good for processing images from older cameras..like my 5D and 1DMK11 (y)

Auto tone is Lightrooms biggest failing, the auto in photoshop works passably well but in lightrooms it's just a shambles, and worse theres no way to ajust it. Wayne

I must be the only one that doens't find it too bad, I have a load of develop presets (that I set on import), they go straight to a load of my preferred settings, WB, Vibrance, Clarity, Camera profile and Auto tone. I usually find it just as good, if not better to start my processing from auto tone rather than as the RAW comes out of the camera...

Here's a couple of examples of autotone making a mess of a shot:

autotone_dark.jpg

autotone_light.jpg

Both are straight from camera with just autotone applied :(

Wonder if many togs still use RawShooter..i still use it quite often and like it..i think it is still good for processing images from older cameras..like my 5D and 1DMK11 (y)
I have use rawshooter, but prefer lightroom.

Spence

Auto tone is Lightrooms biggest failing, the auto in photoshop works passably well but in lightrooms it's just a shambles, and worse theres no way to ajust it. Wayne

Yep it probably is the worst part of Lightroom.:shake:

Spence

I must be the only one that doens't find it too bad, I have a load of develop presets (that I set on import), they go straight to a load of my preferred settings, WB, Vibrance, Clarity, Camera profile and Auto tone. I usually find it just as good, if not better to start my processing from auto tone rather than as the RAW comes out of the camera...

But sometimes I just want to convert raw to jpeg without to much messing.

Spence

Here's a couple of examples of autotone making a mess of a shot:

autotone_dark.jpg

autotone_light.jpg

Both are straight from camera with just autotone applied :(

It doesn't do a very good job Andy!

Spence

Never use it.

Spence

But sometimes I just want to convert raw to jpeg without to much messing.

That is exactly why I use it, in combination with the other settings I have on the presets it is almost a case of import then export with nothing else to do...

Back