LR Mogrify and watermarks, dark/light?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been playing around with the graphical watermarks thing in LR and have made a simple one, the trouble is that when the image is light then only a black graphic will do and when its dark, only a white will work.

Is there any way for the program to do it for both types without me having to split the light images and dark images up?

Thanks in advance.

I use text with a shadow whcih seems to work.

XE7K2408.jpg

XE7K0324.jpg

hmm could try that, trouble is one of the parts of the graphic has a white background but I could take that off easy enough.

Starting to get annoyed by the 10 export limit though so I might have to donate.

I don't think LRMogrify has that function though once you donate and split up the images into light/dark watermarking batches, its a breeze.

I donated $15 first time, then lost my serial so donated $1 the second time, then realised I didn't have a serial the first time as it didn't need one with the version I had! :p

You can generate a drop shadow effect in LRMorify quite easily. Here's a tip...

Here's a few screenshots that illustrate how to create a neat and tidy drop-shadow effect as a watermark for your images, using the excellent LR2/Mogrify plug-in.

1. The Effect
Firstly, here's the effect we can create (bottom right of image);

p86015987-4.jpg

2. Text Annotation Lines
We need to make sure we have at least two available lines for the text annotation. So, please ensure you have inserted these two lines from LR2/Mogrify configuration screen on the left of the file export window;

20090412-mebpuhmhcygpy6xxn158kttisb.jpg

This will ensure that Text Annotation is available for two lines of text.

3. Set the first line of text
Us the settings shown below to add your first text line. Of course, you can use whatever font & size you desire, and also choose which of the 9 areas you want the watermark to appear in.

1. Choose a dark colour for this setting, as this is the watermark drop shadow colour
  2. Choose a setting of around 70% for the opacity.

20090412-nn651e6656ut31puxiusmnfrh6.jpg

4. Set the second line of text
Make sure you use the same text, the same font and size, and of course the same one of 9 locations for this text. This time, we want to offset the text by a few pixels, choose a lighter colour, and change the opacity - to create our drop shadow effect.

1. Make sure the colour here is lighter that the first colour, this will be our foreground text colour
  2. Change the opacity as desired
  3. Use a suggested offset of 2 for horizontal and vertical which does as it says, it places the text for this annotation 2 pixels up and 2 pixels right, which when placed over the text in annotation 1, creates our drop shadow effect.

20090412-duesftu63iftspxyim37np8jec.jpg

Very simple I appreciate, but hopefully it might prove helpful to one or two people.

Enjoy!

Very useful post John - aprreciate that :)

I've been meaning to get my logo sorted, and this just might be the push i need :)

(you any good with graphics packages ;) :LOL:)

Very useful post John - aprreciate that :)

I've been meaning to get my logo sorted, and this just might be the push i need :)

(you any good with graphics packages ;) :LOL:)
Thanks Chris... glad it helps.

Re Graphics Packages.... I'm not a pro, but I am not bad... whatcha want doing...?

PS: PM'ed over on t'other forum.

I'm after a logo that depicts a "Light Proof Box". A bit like a wireframe box type of thing with light escaping from the edges (if you get me)

Got the PM, and i'm easy - i'll leave it to you :)

I'm after a logo that depicts a "Light Proof Box". A bit like a wireframe box type of thing with light escaping from the edges (if you get me)

Got the PM, and i'm easy - i'll leave it to you :)
I'll have a go for you by all means... gimme the weekend and I'll drop you a suggestion.

PS: You're a gent.

Back