Lucy the (test) model.

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just bought a new set of lights and Lucy, my youngest daughter, kindly agreed to be my subject. All the poses are hers as I was too busy playing with camera settings, etc. Now that I have that sorted what do you bet she won't pose for me when I next ask! :LOL:

2269350899_7a63834789_o.jpg

I think the middle one is a fantastic capture. :)

:LOL:
Great poses they all work well, lovely looking kid sorry young lady too (y)

very charming & well captured :). what sort of lighting setup did you use for these? xxxx

very charming & well captured :). what sort of lighting setup did you use for these? xxxx
Hi and thanks Alexandra. The setup was pretty simple;

I used my recently purchased Esprit 500 pair. This is the first time I have used them and have had to make do with normal strobes up until now.

One fired through a softbox at about 45 degrees from right of camera. Set to approx Lucy's head height. 1/4 power.

2nd fired through snoot from behind Lucy to left. Set head to about 6ft high and aimed down at her head. 1/16th power.

The lower power settings allowed me to get the softbox quite close.

A Lastolite reflector was used front left of Lucy to bounce back light from Softbox.

A classic set up really but looking forward to trying more creative variations!
(y)

Gorgeous set of natural shots...... love the expressions ;)

Nice set of shots Gary, a great model and good lighting. I can't make out if it is a slight reflection or shadow underneath her - did you use a sheet of perspex?

what a superb set of pictures (y)
get the distinct feeling that your model is quite a handfull??

I can't make out if it is a slight reflection or shadow underneath her - did you use a sheet of perspex?

It is a shadow, I used a paper background however I was surprised by that look as well.

Mike - she has her moments! :LOL:

Cheers guys!

(y)

Awww! what a gorgeous model you have to play with ... soo not fair!
Loving the centre pic, she looks such a sweetie.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your other variations/set-ups ... as well as hearing the tales of how much bribery will be involved with the model! ;)

Thats a lovely set...... she looks like she has loads of character, you must be very proud. (y)

What a cutie.... great set of shots... I do hope you are going to print some of these off and hang them for her in her bedroom.

Cracking set, with the middle one being the pick.

Excellent exposure, so easy to blow the skin tones, but you have controlled them exceptionally well .

Brilliant selection of photos.

Back