M4 moonlit long exposure

Personally I'd say there is a little too much happening on the right & it distracts from the left which is a nice focal point. I really like the left side of the shot!

If you're back there again I'd try to just shoot the motorway & cut out the bridge, framing nicely with the moon in the sky.
I'd be tempted to experiment with a higher f stop, bring the ISO to 100, play around with the shutter speed & see what kind of results you get.

Looks a bit noisy for ISO200. What have you done in processing?

Looks a bit noisy for ISO200. What have you done in processing?

I didn't do an awful lot of processing, pulled shadows a touch I think and vibrancy, noise reduction if anything at all, i've found my body (eos 500d) is particularly noisy but not normally so at iso 100-200 it starts getting noticable at iso400 and obvious from there on, where are you referring to on the image where it looks noisy?

I like it - i second what Gavin said above

I like it with the bridge in also, makes it different to the rest of the shots I've seen. Did you use a star filter also?

Looking at it more closely.. the noise is in the sky, but not foreground. Have you recovered a great deal of sky detail? Recovering under exposed areas will always increase noise.

Seems noisy for ISO200

SfEXRG9.jpg

Back