M81 & M82

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken at Turf Hill on Saturday 21`st Feb, it was a good night collecting the photons, how ever i had quite a lot of problems lol, but hey ho it would not be astro imaging if there were no problems
biggrin.gif

i ended up with.....

16 x 10min light subs @ ISO800

50 flats @ ISO800

50 darks @ ISO800 (taken from my darks library to match light temps)

140 bias @ ISO800

thanks for looking

clear skies

M81 & M82
by tingting44, on Flickr​

I have no idea what you are saying but outcome is excellent.

Light subs
darks
flats
Bias

:confused:

As long as image is as captured and not photoshopped night sky then I'm cool with it whatever any of the above means. :p

Super image Martin. Your patience paid off here.
I presume you were guided for a 10min sub.
Can you tell me what equipment was required to take these frames?

yes i was guiding

here is the gear i used to capture the photons :)

Canon 7D
SW 130-pds with SW coma corrector and Baader neo LP filter
HEQ5
guided with QHY5L-ii & PHD
and all processing & stacking done in Pixinsight

Lovely image. Nice pin point stars.

The HEQ5 is a corker of a mount that I always found to be much better than the EQ6.

I have just sold all my astro gear to fund some new lenses and I am now wishing I hadn't!

Cheers,
Eddie

Thank you for your kind words ed :)

I went through the same dilemma last year when I was getting nothing but pure cloud month after month, I thought what's the point in having all this gear and not being able to use it.... I even put a for sale add up for my entire imaging rig, in the hope of selling to get some nice L lenses..... I am really happy I did not tho as like you I'd be kicking myself :(

This year has been awesome for me tho, must have done more deep space imaging all ready then the whole of last year

My reasoning behind it was the same, too much cloud here in Wales, I I had not used my gear in just over 2 years and with a baby on the way I though I would get more use out of camera gear instead! Yes I am kicking myself a little now (especially when I see astro images on here and the astronomy forums!) but I do intend to get back into it in a couple of years, until then I am a very happy arm chair astronomer!

Cheers,
Eddie

This was taken at Turf Hill on Saturday 21`st Feb, it was a good night collecting the photons, how ever i had quite a lot of problems lol, but hey ho it would not be astro imaging if there were no problems
biggrin.gif

Fantastic image

Am on the upward learning curve for these photos.

Have an EQ6 mount but not thrilled with it at the mo. But its part of the armoury so to speak.

Thanks for inspiration

Mj

Last edited:
My reasoning behind it was the same, too much cloud here in Wales, I I had not used my gear in just over 2 years and with a baby on the way I though I would get more use out of camera gear instead! Yes I am kicking myself a little now (especially when I see astro images on here and the astronomy forums!) but I do intend to get back into it in a couple of years, until then I am a very happy arm chair astronomer!

Cheers,
Eddie

yes we don't get the best weather here in the UK which does suck, but when it all goes to plan it is amazing :) yes the cosmos is not going anywhere, and will be waiting for you when you do return :D

Same as Edward I sold my imaging stuff a couple weeks ago to buy a new lens. Im starting to get twinges of regret now.

its all ways the way isn't it mate :(

Thanks Mark and all for the kind comments

Back