Andy
Edit My Images
No
Probably my most decent shot yet! :LOL:

My Mum & Dad on Boxing day 08

C&C PLEASE

3177451503_5555d4fcda_o.jpg

Last edited:
hi andy, i quite like this, but i think your white balance is slightly off.(may be my screen though)

The orig WB was way way off so it's been a bit of a struggle to get it near right and thats about as good as i think i can get it. This is something i need to learn when taking the pic in the 1st place.

have you tried clicking on the dado rail to set the white balance? i know sometimes it is a bit difficult.

or perhaps a black and white conversion might work?:shrug:

Just add an 82 cooling filter to sort it (or a bit more if u like), takes 2 seconds.

tp.jpg

Jase

Just add an 82 cooling filter to sort it (or a bit more if u like), takes 2 seconds.
Sorry i don't understand what you mean, can you explain please.

Basically you're adding a blue filter to the photo to cool it (it was too warm, like adding orange). Most software have this facility, in Photoshop for instance it's under Adjustments/Photo filter.

Should have also mentioned the white balance is the "Temperature" of the photo. Like Blue is associated with cold, red (orange) hot.. If you had shot that in RAW you could have adjusted it in the RAW White Balance/Temperature panel.

white balance still off...white balance set using dropper in curves, photoshop.

andywest.jpg

needs a little fill light probably

It's a good shot, but I'd keep your mum's hair in the frame (women tend to spend quite a bit of time on their hair).
Other than that and white balance (which I might have kept as shot because it's so warm and seems to suit the mood), I think going one step back (or zooming out) might have been good too to see them unpacking/holding whatever they were looking at.
It's a nice candid shot, a keeper by all means.

Well as you can see there are a few ways of doing it, I personally think the one above is overdone as it's lost detail in your mums hair on the front. The following was done done using curves too (image/adjustments/curves in Photoshop).. have a play and see what you come up with, you may like the extra cosy warmth :)

tp2.jpg

Good luck

Jase

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info, much apreciated. I still have the RAW file so will have another play.

Cheers (y)

I really like that.

Was your old fella busy on Christmas eve by any chance?

Back