Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Stephen Wilson
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

Just got myself the new IMac (24") looking to buy one of the above titles, Would like to see what everyone uses in the poll and why they prefer it.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Rgds

Stephen

Aperture user here. Still getting to grips with it really, but really like what I've seen so far.
I tried the LR demo and didn't really "click" with it as much as I did with Aperture.
As mentioned, download the demos of both and see which you prefer.

I use Aperture - works great for me. (once you disable the auto launch so that it doesn't fire up each time I connect my iPhone).

It's just such a Mac product that if you use apple products and like them - it will make perfect sense.

I use aperture, but I think LR would be better for processing landscapes and some portraits. I'm considering getting LR, for landscapes. Aperture is very quick for me to transfer from card to computer, caption, then FTP to agency. LR is slightly slower.

Can I add an additional poll option?

[X] Capture NX 2

You will get better results from it than Lightroom or Aperture, as I see you're using a D300, and it integrates with the camera better. Ie. if you use any of the Picture Controls, Capture NX 2 will support them. I believe Capture NX 2 is cheaper as well.

I have downloaded trials of both and I can't really work out what I'm supposed to do with them?
It just seems to overlap with other software I already use. What am I missing out on?

I have downloaded trials of both and I can't really work out what I'm supposed to do with them?
It just seems to overlap with other software I already use. What am I missing out on?

Same here, I thought they were both long winded and disjointed.

I downloaded the Capture NX2 trial, found it easy to use and intuitive ended up buying it, and added Elements 6 for the stuff Capture NX could not do, and a plug-in I had for Photoshop.

They are all available as trial download versions, so best to try them out, but add Capture NX2 to the list.

Sorry I don’t think I can add to the poll once it has been submitted. Capture NX is a very good program I’ve used it on windows for the past year with my D300. I didn’t think to add this. It seems Capture NX lacks the full package experience but again is a very powerful editing tool. Thanks for your reply’s, keep it up!

Stephen.

Lightroom for only....only as I've never used Aperture! Which just goes to show..Lightroom does everything I need :) (Coupled with DPP that is...)

When Lightroom 2 came out I downloaded the trials of both, I much prefered (and ended up buying) Lightroom 2, athough I think that may have been because I'd been using Lightroom 1 for a while before and had got used to the Lightroom way of working/thinking.

Back