Mach Loop Thursday

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a visit to the Mach Loop on Thursday. Had a cracking day. There must have been about 30 people on Cad at one point.

favCopyofMachLoop162.jpg

favMachLoop142.jpg

favMachLoop179.jpg

FavMachLoop240.jpg

FavMachLoop262.jpg

favMachLoop242.jpg

favMachLoop264.jpg

All shot with 400d and Tamron 70 - 300 mm :)bang:must get some new glass)

Any hints for my next visit would be great

Thanks for looking

Elvis

hey matey took yer advice and joined up nice pics fella
let me know when you are going back
dave

Hi Elvis.

A very nice selection of AC there, the pictures are pretty sharp but do look rather noisy.

From your EXIF data the aperture setting is F9 upwards and ISO 1600. I personally would be shooting with the lens wide open and get the ISO down to around 200 if possible.

I also dream of a 300mm F2.8 L ;).

Elvis,

I must be going senile ??...I'm sure I posted a comment here first thing this morning.
I generally try to keep it below ISO 400. The shutter speed range between 1/750th to 1/1250th...slower for the props.

F number...as wide open as possible.

Since the past few months I only shoot in RAW. My visits are fast becoming few and far between so I need to make the most of them.

Lens...Timc was using a 300mm F4 last week. That's a good lens.

Also consider the canon 75-300 IS

Cheers,

Rory

Nice shots, like No 7 :clap:

I can't wait to get there, weather permitting next week :clap::clap::clap:

Nice set, Its a shame you had the aperture so high but I imagine that was to try and get into the sweet spot of your lens in terms of sharpness - good effort (y)

Thanks for reply's

This was my 2nd visit The first time I went all the pics were dark. andthe ones that were bright enough were a bit OOF to say the least. so this time I whacked the ISO up and raised the shutter speed a bit as the day went on. To get something I was pleased with. The advice given above will defo help for next time. I was using shutter priority would I be better switching to aperture priority or full Manual.

Thanks again all

Elvis

Back