Mach Loop When Top Go

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
hi to you all:wave: I have been trying to find some dates for the Mach Loop over at Wales. I live in Bolton so its a fair old trek if I just go and there is nothing on. If anyone out there can help me with this on I would be very grateful:)

There are no set dates, they don`t fly at weekends, its pot luck on the day what planes fly through

Does that mean that they fly each day, Monday to Friday or could I still travel all that way and just see the hills.:LOL:

I mean I don't really mind what flies by so long as it is more than just the clouds.:)

From what I have gathered yes. I have been looking at it as well with similar reservations.

They don't advertise what is flying when, it is just pot luck. The people I know who have gone go for two days so they come back with something other than pictures of the hillsides and clouds.

Planes fly Monday to Friday but not Saturday or Sunday, as stated above, also I don't think they fly on bank holidays either. There is no guarantee they will fly any day but if you don't try you definitely won't get the shot. If the weather is a bit misty there will be less chance. What you want to hope for is a few days of mist and fog clearing the night before you arrive. (no harm in dreaming)

I went down a few weeks ago on a Friday to Cad-West with a group including Andy and had a great time even though only 2 flights went through, (Friday is POETS day even for the RAF) weather was mixed but company and scenery was fantastic.
I'm going down again in a few weeks so this time will go on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and i'll go by the weather forecast for Machynlleth here http://fox2.co.uk/weather.php?sid=96d12c64b19cf6e002be2db80b7d32e0 which is to the Loop.
Dave

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies. I think I will have to make it a Thursday and Friday and thanks to Dave for the link to the weather down there. Cheers all.:)

Last edited:
That pdf just shows 'bookable' slots....those slots might not be booked. Most traffic people photograph around the loop is not pre-booked.

Thanks for all your replies. I think I will have to make it a Thursday and Friday and thanks to Dave for the link to the weather down there. Cheers all.:)

I seem to have better luck on a Thursday than any other day. Having said that, there's no set pattern and I've probably just been lucky! :)

I've never ever drawn a blank but I'm sure it'll happen to me one day and I know that I'll be seriously narked for wasting a day! On the flip side, I've also been lucky enough to have prior warning of a visit and scooted up the side of the Bwlch on my lunchbreak which resulted in a few decent shots of 'Miss Demeanour'! :D

You pays your money and you takes your choice!

I would not bother this weather!!...LOL

Back