Macro and Speedlite

Edit My Images
Yes
The 2 coins are official tender and the ship is the latest and most modern of the HM Navy and it is affiliated to Guernsey.

Not long had my speedlite so still learning, so be gentle with me:)

very nice, nice and bright but no 'sharp' light marks :)

you a diffuser?

I know nothing about speedlites but I know I like the lighting in the second shot (y)

very nice lighting on #2

I also have a new speedlight and am a total n00b with it :)

Thanks All

I am new to the Speedlite addiction, only had it a couple of weeks, I've got a defuser on order, I used the wifes umbrella with a towel over it to bounce the light of it :D and it seemed to work with these 2 shots but there were lots of others that it didn't work with:eek:

With these horrible wet days I am glad I got the Speedlite, gives you something to play with:D

Fantastic lighting on the second shot.

The speedlite is a dream to work with. Both your images are nicely in focus with nice shallow DoF for the BG.

I have a Stofen diffuser which is better than nothing. I also have a white reflector which acts reasonably well as a diffuser as well. Whenever using the speedlite, I always knock the output down to around -1 to reduce the chance of blown highlights for other types of images.

Fantastic lighting on the second shot.

The speedlite is a dream to work with. Both your images are nicely in focus with nice shallow DoF for the BG.

I have a Stofen diffuser which is better than nothing. I also have a white reflector which acts reasonably well as a diffuser as well. Whenever using the speedlite, I always knock the output down to around -1 to reduce the chance of blown highlights for other types of images.

Thanks Ian

Here are some more with an old £5 note, the first shot is with Tamron 18-270 and the rest with 90 macro

Again, nice detail on the notes.

I've seen a fair few home made diffusers (Lord V. on Flickr and Dgrin.com has an excellent one) which work exceptionally well.

Back