Beginner Macro Bellows

Name
Antony
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought myself some cheap macro bellows going to take a little while but I can see myself being able to get some good results with them. Here's the first try using them outside was a mistake the barest hint of a breeze and the image started to go out of focus.

IMG_7751.JPG

It is underxposed I think not the best light possibly. Lighting is everything with flowers and soft bright light helps

Have you read whta we said here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/first-ever-macro.675834/

Yep, Read it and understood it this post wasn't so much about the C+C of the Photo but more along the lines of I'm really enjoying learning all these as I go which considering I'm 47 this year and have been taking photos for about a month now I'm surprised, pleasantly surprised but surprised none the less.

:)

Antony
Give us some details about the shot camera lens bellows apperture etc
I presume you are shooting Jpeg and not doing any processing.
Keep at it mate you have picked a steep learning to start off btw

How doe sthis look it is a quick edit

Not my shot 2018-06 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Antony
Give us some details about the shot camera lens bellows apperture etc
I presume you are shooting Jpeg and not doing any processing.
Keep at it mate you have picked a steep learning to start off btw

How doe sthis look it is a quick editNot my shot 2018-06 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

so I should have upped the exposure in light room I have the programs But I've been trying not to do any editing at all so that I can see from day to day where I'm going right and where I'm going wrong with the images..

and yep it does look better and I definitely need to attach the macro bellows to a stabilizer of some sort :)

and I'll take a photo of the set up and post it later its pointless telling you you'll think I've gone insane.

Last edited:
so I should have upped the exposure in light room I have the programs But I've been trying not to do any editing at all so that I can see from day to day where I'm going right and where I'm going wrong with the images..

and yep it does look better and I definitely need to attach the macro bellows to a stabilizer of some sort :)

and I'll take a photo of the set up and post it later its pointless telling you you'll think I've gone insane.

The ideal solutioin was to get thge exposure right in camera but once it has been shot PP should help improve the shot.
A tripod is the best way to go to shoot flowers. There are many ways to shoot close ups and if it works then use it. Keep at it and keep learning

Keep shooting. The more you use it the more you will become comfortable and you'll learn what works best for you.
Alfbranch knows what he's talking about so it's worth listening to him . (y)

Thanks but Nick @GardenersHelper would be better at offering help with flowers

currently its being used only using the built in flash. I'm waiting for the transmitter and receivers to turn up in which case it will look like it does in the photo except it will have the transmitters and receivers.

thumbnail_DSC_0019.jpg

Back