Macro experience

Name
João
Edit My Images
No
macro1.jpg

The focus is not in the point, still have to practice the manual mod of the macro extensor. The hour of the day, also was not of the best ones, but it was what I could, better will certainly come...
Help me to improved, please... :D
Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
The only improvement I can suggest is to move the insect more into the middle of the frame and cut out the extraneous stuff on the left.

Brilliant shot!

It's a nice image. It may be improved by losing a little of the bottom and left hand side. The key to alot of macro is to get a good point of focus. HTH

The photo isn't bad, but it seems there is some motion blur in the image and it is slightly overexposed, so I'd suggest using a faster shutter speed if you can. If you feel you can't, you have a few options, most of which include buying something.
Depending on the camera type you have, you could:
- use a string of some kind you'd put around your neck and hand/camera, so you would be able to relax your hand/camera a little tensing up the string (you might be able to use a camera strap for this).
- use a bean bag
- use a chestpod
- use a monopod
- use a friend ;)
- use a tripod
Make sure you use a rolling motion when pressing the shutter and if you focus manually and your camera is in manual mode, it should be safe to have the shutter half pressed, particularly on a DSLR.
Not sure whether the above helps, but I hope so :)

I should be able to post a small review of a chestpod this weekend, so if you're interested, check out the reviews sub-forum a few times during the weekend.

EDIT: I forgot to mention you could use an external light source (flash, LED lights, etc.) as well if you need a faster shutter speed.

Last edited:
Omg I like your shot alot...it knocks spots off my dandelion macro.

Back