macro on the cheap

Edit My Images
No
i started off going to buy a bridge camera but after reading up i've finally settled on buying a DSLR a canon 400d with standard 18-55 kit lens, i'm mainly interested in outdoor pics landscape, maybe a bit of wildlife and some macro stuff which i really like the sound of, is there a cheap way that i can try a bit of macro without having to spend hundred's on a lens, i've read a bit on extension tubes, reverse adapters etc and am a bit confused with it all, after the purchase of the camera i can probably only afford to spend another £50 maybe slightly more at the moment :)

Welcome to the forum ;)
The cheapest way is to get a Raynox lens here is a couple of shots taken with the Canon 350d, kit lens EF-S 18-55 and the Raynox dcr 150. Available from here. http://www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=932&lg=1&c=RAYNOX

2269986324_6333736874_o.jpg

2269986658_f99765df0e_o.jpg

I know Jessops do +2 and +4 close up lenses that screw into the front of the lens like a polariser. We used to use them at work before getting dedicated macro lenses and unless you're blowing up beyond A4, you can't really tell much difference. Think they cost about a tenner

I would go with the extension tubes first, I personally think they are more versatile, look at the Raynox or a dedicated macro lens later, you should be able to pick up a set of Kenko auto extension tubes for under £50.

I would go with the extension tubes first, I personally think they are more versatile, look at the Raynox or a dedicated macro lens later, you should be able to pick up a set of Kenko auto extension tubes for under £50.

Tell me where please? Warehouse express are
quoting 110 pounds?

Tia

so if i can get those extension tubes for around £40 would that be a better way to go than using the raynox lens, baring in mind that at the moment i've only got the canon std 18-55 kit lens ,i will be purchasing more kit as time goes on but for now i'm a bit limited in what i can afford :)

just paid £47 delivered for the Raynox MSN 202. Has taken 3 working days to arrive and look up Albys shots to see what you can expect with practise!!

SB

I wouldn't go with the 202 on a 17-55 as you won't get enough distance between the end of the lens and the subject, the 150 is the lens to go for if going that way plus it is only £25'ish. Make sure the extention tubes are for the EF-s as the kenko tubes I have don't fit EF-s lenses.

I wouldn't go with the 202 on a 17-55 as you won't get enough distance between the end of the lens and the subject, the 150 is the lens to go for if going that way plus it is only £25'ish. Make sure the extention tubes are for the EF-s as the kenko tubes I have don't fit EF-s lenses.

thanks, i've ordered the Raynox 150 lens, i will have a play with that first and see how i get on :)

Back