Macro safari shots

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shot from yesterday

A Ichneumon wasp ovipositing I enjoyed watching this for about a minute which was great it was in a difficult position so it made photos difficult but it just ignored me

Ovipositing Ichneumon wasp by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This is the first time I have seen a blue shieldbug as far as I know

Blue shieldbug by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A bristletail

Bristletail by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Bristletail 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A not so recent Leafcutter bee with a leaf having a stopover after some cutting It stopped in an awkward spot and I had the 60mm f2.8 lens on instead of my 105mm so I had to get in close

Leafcutter bee by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice - I would like to have seen another view of the shield bug showing what it is eating.

Cool set, I`ve never heard of a Bristletail.

Nice set there Alf :)

Thanks Les

Very nice - I would like to have seen another view of the shield bug showing what it is eating.

Thanks David
The bug is eating a beetle larva but I was struggling for an angle due to the grass between where I needed to be and it

Cool set, I`ve never heard of a Bristletail.

Thanks Graham
I have shot sea bristletails before and I have seen these on this wall a few times now

Lovely mixed set, Alf - I particularly like the wasp shot :)

Russ

Thanks Russ
I managed a good few decent shots of that wasp I love seeing stuff like that happen I like wasps so it is my fave too.

Good set Alf, with all that behaviour. I think the first shot is very appealing with its background separating the subject so well. Lovely clarity of the bee and the leaf it is carrying in the last one.

Thanks Nick

Back