Macro Shot

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I 've spent the best part of a couple of hours this morning trying to get a head shot of a bee. Talk about an excercise in frustration! They don't keep still long. Anyway this is the best I could manage before the flash died. Must remember to charge the batteries now and again. :annoyed:

bee_01.jpg

nice shot there CT, but i suppose the question must be why????

It was worth the wait though :) Nightmare for exposure, white flower and black bee

oops, double post

I'd like to see the shadows lifted a tad on the bee but hell, what a close up!

Maybe a run through neat image or similar to get rid of some of the noise?

Must have been difficult to get a decent exposure on this one.

Bachs said:
I'd like to see the shadows lifted a tad on the bee but hell, what a close up!

Maybe a run through neat image or similar to get rid of some of the noise?

Must have been difficult to get a decent exposure on this one.

Well I've tweaked it a little and reduced the noise, but it was under-exposed to start with due to the flash slowly dying on me, and me not noticing. :stupid:

to be honest CT, I think I preferred the original, the highlights look a bit harsh here, but it could be my set up.

Well i think it is a massive improvement to be honest. Much to dark before, especially considering the object was the bee's head, far more detail now. Much nicer to look at than before.

dod said:
to be honest CT, I think I preferred the original, the highlights look a bit harsh here, but it could be my set up.

The harsh highlights are an unfortunate side effect of the noise reduction. Just goes to show you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.:headshake

i must get a good close up macro, the sigma is ok for hairy nostrils at 10 paces but not hand held close up stuff....

Joe T said:
Probably my best shot of the day:

DSC_2521-01.jpg

Taken with D70 and Sigma 70-300 APO

Im fairly pleased with it. Its much better than those I posted last week. Its still far short of CTs, which is a cracking shot.

Good effort Joe - these little buggers don't pose for you do they? :D

EosD said:
i must get a good close up macro, the sigma is ok for hairy nostrils at 10 paces but not hand held close up stuff....
Agreed. Im after either the Sigma 105 or the Tamron 90.

Thanks for the comment CT, and yes those guys really do not sit still! I found honey bees much easier to track, they seem to have far more patience!

Back