Macro shots using filters

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some shots I got when I tried using macro filters..I just tried the cheapo ones on my 18-55mm kit lens..The IQ is no where near real macro lens, but I guess it's kinda ok for a beginner like me, just experimenting things..

there are some water drops on the filter on this one..
3495009952_ed9333e63b.jpg

3490230187_d909b6d6d0.jpg

3494195755_516c730e96.jpg

Are those filters like the cheapo ones you can get on eBay? Was tempted to give them a go but not 100% sure if it was a con.

yup, got them off ebay for less than 10quid..these are all using the 10+ filter if i remember correctly..well,they say u can use multiple, stack onto one another, but trust me the IQ were so horrible when u do so..

Some nice shots there! Love that first one. I'll have to give these filters a go then... (cheap ebay ones as someone else said, yes?)

Some nice shots there! Love that first one. I'll have to give these filters a go then... (cheap ebay ones as someone else said, yes?)

haha..thanks AshMashMash..yes, they are pretty cheap and it was fun trying to use different filters (I got 1+, 2+, 4+ and 10+) and get different results..:D

haha..thanks AshMashMash..yes, they are pretty cheap and it was fun trying to use different filters (I got 1+, 2+, 4+ and 10+) and get different results..:D

Aye cool. Some I've found for £8.95... be worth a few quid to have a play with me thinks :)

EDIT: just bought them :)

Last edited:
Aye cool. Some I've found for £8.95... be worth a few quid to have a play with me thinks :)

go ahead and give 'em a try..I think you'll better shots since I used only the 18-55mm non-IS lens for these shots..now looking to buy a nifty fifty and experiment again:naughty:

Back