Macro

R

RBT

I'm looking to buy a camera, I plan to spend around £100/£150 new or used, I plan to use it mostly for taking macro photos of my dioramas and the occasional hiking trip and the odd landscape. I was looking at the Fujifilm FinePix S9500 and it looks to fit the bill. Would this be a good choice or are there better options?

Thanks for looking

or a raynow msn-202 if you want to get really close :)

I miss my S9500 for macro stuff.

Welcome aboard RBT, the Fuji's as good a choice as any :) If you're wondering what this Raynox thing is it's just an adapter you place over the lens. Have a look at some of the threads started by Ajogphotog to show it's capabilities, some amazing stuff :)

Welcome RBT, I use a Panasonic FZ8 with a raynox msn202 or dcr 250 for most of my macro work. The panasonic is small fully funtional making it an easy travelling camera but make you get extra batteries if you consider this camera ;)

Ajophotog do you use a external flash for you photos?

On my canon I use my 580 ex II, my 430ex or both diffused and on the panny I use on board flash diffused as it doesn't have a hotshoe.

'Standard' external flashguns are far too powerful for most macro applications. 'Ring flashguns' or specialized macro flash heads are expensive. So this might be a useful tip for a beginning macro tog:

BrilliantQuickDirtyMacroSoftBox.jpg

I tried that didn't seem to do much?

have you got pictures taken with and without as i am probably doing it worng

'Standard' external flashguns are far too powerful for most macro applications.

Just dial the power down, sorted :shrug:

Back