Macros....Sigma 105...Tokina 100...??

I have the sigma just getting used to it, Im amazed just how good it is.

I, too, have the Sigma and it's an excellent lens.

Mind you, all prime macros are excellent .. just choose the focal length you want (depending on what you plan to shoot) and the budget you have to spend!

Well, both lenses get a good write up, I can get the Tokina for about £20 less (UK) than the Sigma but I can walk into Jessops tomorrow and try the Sigma before I buy it, whereas the Tokina would have to come from down south without the chance of trying it first :thinking:

Cant comment about the Tokina, never used it, but my old 105 siggy (about 10yrs old) still delivers the goods.

Can't comment on the Sigma, but I have the Tokina 100mm and I'm very pleased with it.

I bought a Sigma 1.4x TC to go with my Sigma 100-300mm zoom, but it doesn't fit the Tokina - should have bought the Kenko TC to use on both. Just something to think about if you already have a Sigma TC :)

A lens that you don`t know everything about? Holy Moses...............:eek:

I ended up choosing the Sigma 105mm after comparing it with quite a few other lenses, it was that bit sharper than the others to me. I have to say I've not regretted it.

I had to just take a blind punt at it, but I'm 99% happy with the Sigma now....I'd be 100% if Jessops hadn't nicked the lens hood out the box :shake:

Back