Maiden Castle

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Maiden Castle near Dorchester, Dorset. An ancient Iron-Age hill fort - not your typical medieval stone castle.

More information about Maiden Castle here.

C&C appreciated...

IMG_1432_800.jpg

1/160s, ISO200, f/9.0, 47mm.

Grrr. Maiden Castle. The only time I went there, my hay fever went into totally maniac overdrive. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, it was awful. There must be some sort of pollen that that I'm highly allergic to, and I haven't encountered anywhere else.

But, trying to set that aside, it's a difficult subject to photograph and I think you've done a decent job. The lighting is very nice indeed, and that cloud is just great. The foreground colour is interesting too, but on the other hand I can't help the feeling that Maiden Castle itself is a bit too insignificant in the photo.

Thanks all for the comments.

Grrr. Maiden Castle. The only time I went there, my hay fever went into totally maniac overdrive. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, it was awful. There must be some sort of pollen that that I'm highly allergic to, and I haven't encountered anywhere else.

But, trying to set that aside, it's a difficult subject to photograph and I think you've done a decent job. The lighting is very nice indeed, and that cloud is just great. The foreground colour is interesting too, but on the other hand I can't help the feeling that Maiden Castle itself is a bit too insignificant in the photo.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Your hayfever may be something to do with the 'interesting' foreground - oil seed rape.

As for the insignificance of Maiden Castle itself - I agree. It's tough to somehow capture the magnitude of the place.

Maybe if I re-titled the picture 'Nice Landscape with Maiden Castle in Background' it might manage expectations :LOL:

Thanks again...

Back