Mailing lists and email flyers

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Mailing lists and email flyers?

Whats the best way to do it, I want to send one on a monthly basis to around 300 people from my gmail account, it will have my business .com name as sender, it will include News, Updates, Adverts, reports etc

I know nothing about this so any help here how it's done would be great.

Thanks

Steve

send it to yourself with the list as BCC
that way only you know who it gets sent to

So

I send the email from my company email

I cut and paste all the addresses from to box into the Bcc box

in the To box is now only my gmail address.

Is that right, sorry, haven't done this before.

Im trying to do a similar thing so I tried putting a load of email addresses into the BCC box before as a test to do a similar thing, and every email address got as many emails as there were email addresses.

So if I put email address "A@A.com" "B@B.com" and "C@C.com". There are 3 email addresses so each email address got the same email 3 times.

There must be an easy way? I get tonnes of newsletters off of companies via email so it cant be that much of a hidden secret? :p

Best bet is to use a mailing list manager - some software you set up on a webserver (check your t&C's first)

Mailing list managers allow you to recieve unsubscribe emails (automatically remove from list) and can react intelegently to bounced mails etc..

I have searched and found some free mailing list managers but not sure if they are secure, anybody use an affordable good mailing list manager.

So

I send the email from my company email

I cut and paste all the addresses from to box into the Bcc box

in the To box is now only my gmail address.

Is that right, sorry, haven't done this before.

yup!

I've used ConstantContact in the past and will be again shortly.

Thanks.

I have just started looking into mail managers and the benefits look good with things like

* Multi Mailing List script installs in minutes!
* Allows for easy subscription with just one click (by web form or by sending blank email)
* Completely run from a browser. No text files to edit
* Unlimited Mailing Lists! Each with individual configurations
* Option to send up to 2MB file attachments with each message
* Automatically addresses your newsletter in a personalized way considering first name, full name and email address of your subscribers
* Fastest mailing algorythm possible - it sends up to 600 emails a minute
* Automatic Subscribe and Un-subscribe confirmations
* List Importer for importing existing mailing lists.
* Filters out improperly formatted addresses, extra carriage returns and duplicate addresses
* Customize the mailing responses that each list receives
* Allows for online editing of your newsletter text and lists
* Includes automatic Un-subscribe links in each e-mail, so users can remove themselves easily
* View the contents of every mailing list! See every e-mail address subscribed to your mailing lists
* Generates Subscribe box html code for easy placement into your web pages
* E-mail journal with statistics after completion of every mailing session
* No time-out-errors while sending thousands of newsletters
* ....and more...

I'm sure the cost would be worth it, any advice here or should I stick to the Bcc method, but I think I know the answer :p

Back