Makes you think.

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
There is a proposal locally to remove all this & replace it with a wind farm.
moss.jpg

No.Real woodsmen do not believe in early clearfells .

Seems a shame to me..........look at all that lovely MOSS. :)

Has a look of eerie tranquility to it.

Does seem terribly wasteful, although of course one has to look at the whole picture [no pun intended] - like most people I am in favour of renewable energy and occasionally some sacrifices have to be made but I am not always sure the correct decisions are made about where they are situated as to much rests on the politics and finance of such decisions. I suppose it comes down to WHY that particular area, the pros and cons etc. :shrug:

Don't get me started about windfarms, I'll be ranting for hours. Why waste space on land? We are an island with quite a lot of water around us, why not just build massive off shore windfarms. Wind farms on land just smack of a cash generating scheme for the landowners, rather than any viable energy producing scheme.

Don't get me started about windfarms, I'll be ranting for hours. Why waste space on land? We are an island with quite a lot of water around us, why not just build massive off shore windfarms. Wind farms on land just smack of a cash generating scheme for the landowners, rather than any viable energy producing scheme.

Yes but why windfarms at sea when we could surely use the tidal currents. The estate where those trees are stands to make a fortune.

Back