Male Brambling

Edit My Images
Yes
After several hours of not a lot happening, in an empty hide, the hide filled with people, so being polite I gave up my space by the window ... within 15 minutes this turned up :bang:

Fortunately the kind chap at the end gave me a bit of room to wedge my kit in the corner, and somehow I managed a few shots.

It did not help as the bird was never in a position to give a nice clear shot, other than when it was on the feeder (which was in the bush).

I have always see them take seeds off the table, but have never seen one on a peanut feeder before.

Anyway it was my first one for me this year, so :D

Both of these were shot with the 500mm & 1.7TC wide open at f6.7, ISO 5600 and 4500

233_129.jpg

233_132.jpg

Good clear sharp shots Martyn, have yet to see one myself. Looks like it can just about grip that peanut feeder :LOL:

Nice set overall but I reckon is a little too bright?

Thanks for commenting, they look fine on my monitors regarding brightness, however I do not run them with brightness at 100%, usually keep them at 50%.

:D Maybe I should adjust the brightness of my monitor.:p

:D ... try these :cool: :D

I only say that because I used to run mine at full whack, 100% brightness, when I got my first Eizo I had a long conversation with the helpful chaps at Native Digital, and read a few things on preventing eye fatigue, since then they have never been above 50% brightness.

One thing I found doing this was I was getting a far better match to stuff I was printing.

I've yet to see one, I'd be very happy to get a shot like either of these, its a lovely looking bird, well taken, and I'm pleased you were given a space to get a go at him. nice one Martyn (y)

Lovely shots Martyn specially that first.......makes me somewhat jealous though as Brambling was one of the birds I wanted to pick up on a trip out today (just birding), we didn't manage to see one though there were several reported in the area :crying:.........

........The 6 Hawfinch more than made up for it though :D

Very nice shots Martyn. They really are a cracking looking bird up close. Like some of the others here i've never seen one.(y)

Back