Male Chaffie at last

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
For once he braved it out in the open, probably not the ideal pose but the first I have seen him out from under the shrubs ;)

Chaff_filtered.jpg

Superb Rich, lovely colours:)
Pete

I would be very happy to have one like this Rich. Pose is spot on too in my opinion (y)

Lovely shot Rich ... but look at the poor things legs, something I see all too often at Belvide, I believe it is a virus that effects the Chaffinch, they do seem to cope with it.

Superb Rich, lovely colours:)
Pete
Thanks Pete, just recieved my new monitor so wasnt too sure on the edit at the mo.
I would be very happy to have one like this Rich. Pose is spot on too in my opinion (y)
Thanks John, would have liked a smaller perch but I dont think they like using that much :LOL:
Lovely shot Rich ... but look at the poor things legs, something I see all too often at Belvide, I believe it is a virus that effects the Chaffinch, they do seem to cope with it.

Cheers Martyn, yes thats unfortunate about the legs but as you say they manage quite well. I assume it is bumblefoot, if it is I was reading that is caused by small injury`s or vitamin "A" deficiency. This was referring to pet birds although I suppose it could relate to the wild ones as well. I was wondering what the odds were of a minor injury being the cause of every wild bird that has the condition though :shrug: I suppose they are darting in and out of things like hawthorn all the time, but is the vitamin deficiency another part of it. Not saying this is the case but I am a firm believer that we messed up big time years ago, when all sorts of wild plants and flowers were eradicated from fields, this had a knock on effect on all of the small bugs and insects, all part of the food chain :shrug:

Nice pose in lovely light Rich.

sharp as a razor cracking capture and nicely lit without being blown.. judging by the little bit of highlight on the branch near claws you got the timing and position bang on!
P.S nice bokeh too

I heard that bumblefoot is caused by a virus. It seems to occur most around artificial feeding spots where the birds collect together and can pass it on which is why garden feeders should be kept clean. I've only ever seen it on chaffinches so presumably they're particularly susceptible to it. I read that they can eventually recover from it, but I've seen missing claws from birds that have the disease as well.
Oops, almost forgot, very nice pic. :)

Well worth the wait :clap: Great detail and lovely light in this image (y)

Back