male & female house-sparrow...

Nice captures Mark. :clap:

Shame about the lens, it's one of the best, but you could get the AF-S 300 f4.0, it's lighter, smaller, much cheaper and in the same league IQ wise, just a shame it has no VR, but there's always the old monopod! ;)

Regards

Lovely pictures. Just wished we saw more of these birds.

Nice captures Mark. :clap:

Shame about the lens, it's one of the best, but you could get the AF-S 300 f4.0, it's lighter, smaller, much cheaper and in the same league IQ wise, just a shame it has no VR, but there's always the old monopod! ;)

Regards
the f4 is the one i use now,I had the two so had to make a choice...the f4 is a great lens & i do use a monopod....(y).mark..

Superb shots, thanks for sharing(y)

Seems incredible that in my lifetime these birds have reduced in number so drastically.

So true..........can't remember when I last saw one of these in my garden!

Nice couple, we still get them in the garden though not in great numbers sadly. I wonder whether all these modern houses with plastic sofits etc have reduced nesting opportinities

Nice couple, we still get them in the garden though not in great numbers sadly. I wonder whether all these modern houses with plastic sofits etc have reduced nesting opportinities
thats exactly whats happened Ken...we have very good numbers of these still about, still plenty of nesting places in the old houses...I made sure when I renewed the sofits that i left some room for the birds..I got about five pairs of house sparrows nesting in my house plus two pairs of swifts...but sadly no starlings any more...mark

Two nice shots Mark, Sparrows of all types in abundance where I live, seems strange when reading of the shortage elsewhere.

Regards: Gordon

the f4 is the one i use now,I had the two so had to make a choice...the f4 is a great lens & i do use a monopod....(y).mark..

I've just acquired mine and a Kirk collar as well, I'm now looking around for a 1.4 TC-E II to pair it with. :D

I'm looking forward to using it in anger!

Keep those shots coming. (y)

Back