Malham Cove

Gary Coyle

In Memoriam
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from Malham last Saturday afternoon, all shot with a P&S Canon G9, im no landscape shooter so go gently.

Tips on how better to compose or crop welcomed and any general critique.

mal1.jpg

mal2.jpg

mal3.jpg

mal4.jpg

mal5.jpg

mal6.jpg

mal7.jpg

Hya,

Before critiquing - can you see the large purple artifacts on the third, and the green artifact on the last?

The third from last is my favourite, I might have cropped above the wall and people though.

Gary

Hi Gary

sorry but i cant see the artifacts, could you be more precise as to exactly where in the photos they are, these are actually straight from the camera with no post other than crop, resize and sharpen.

Im not a point and shoot user so all the above were shot using the standard "scene mode" ie landscape

OK, start with the last one. The very bottom of the frame, up to 1cm above the people, is BRIGHT GREEN. Then it absruptly stops and continues with normal colours.

In the other, the it's a similar issue - but purple, and stops at her nose.

Gary.

Wow Gary, have you got xray eyes cos for the life in me i cant see anything of what you describe, the only slightly purple i can see in the 3rd one is a possibile light purple cast on my lads forearm, other than that, nothing, absolutly nothing and im on a pro monitor calibrated every single month without fail with its last calibration done only last weekend.

Wow Gary, have you got xray eyes cos for the life in me i cant see anything of what you describe, the only slightly purple i can see in the 3rd one is a possibile light purple cast on my lads forearm, other than that, nothing, absolutly nothing and im on a pro monitor calibrated every single month without fail with its last calibration done only last weekend.

Ha :D I was just about to take a screener for you, and low and behold, SORTED! :D

It was absolutely super obvious, imaging wearing green shades. It must have been my mac? The images could have been corrupted on download? Emptied my cache and it's fine now.

Gary.

Ha :D I was just about to take a screener for you, and low and behold, SORTED! :D

It was absolutely super obvious, imaging wearing green shades. It must have been my mac? The images could have been corrupted on download? Emptied my cache and it's fine now.

Gary.

Phew!! I thought I was going blind! (well, colour blind) Iv'e been staring at the pics for ages and couldn't see anything.
I'll go and wipe my eyes now, get the optrex out, lie down in a darkened room------

OK, start with the last one. The very bottom of the frame, up to 1cm above the people, is BRIGHT GREEN. Then it absruptly stops and continues with normal colours.

In the other, the it's a similar issue - but purple, and stops at her nose.

Gary.

I know my eyesights crap but they look fine to me

I too was staring into these images and couldn't see anything wrong, good to see an explanation.

Malham's a great place to visit, seeing your pics reminds me it's time to visit my sister in nearby Gargrave.

Edit - definitely don't see the crazy colours as in the link above.

Last edited:
Back