Malta

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of shots tonight from my trip to Malta on my honeymoon :D

First is of Valleta from accross the Harbor in Selima. Only had a railing to lean on to take this one so not as sharp as I would of liked...

_DSC3330.jpg

And here's one of the pool and bar at the front of the hotel were were at. Taken with the camera pressed onto the ground to keep it steady...

_DSC3338.jpg

Comments and critique welcome as always :)

No1 for me, good one to say its hand held.

Where in Malta did you stay, I'm going in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, I'm hoping no1 prints well at a decent size.

We stayed in the Fortina Spar Resort in Selima.

We'll hopefully be walking round that way after dinner, we're stopping at the Hilton in St Julians Bay.

Nice shots, there. I quite fancy Malta for a cheeky week away - looks interesting.

And I like #2 better - the B&W works, its sharp and the reflections add interest.

I can't help feeling you might be a tad disappointed with #1 printed large.

1st one does it for me, too.

I recognised the view and thought of the Fortina straight away. It's the only good hotel at Sliema with that view. I understand that the Fortina has had a major make-over in recent times - at least, since we went there. I've just recommended it to the out-laws and they've booked.

Glen - take a trip to Gozo. Such a contrast. The little harbour at Xlendi is a favourite spot of mine. Good for sunsets, too.

Might do 2bleu, we went to Gozo back in 2002 on a quick day trip prior to the DLSR and last year when we went for a week in October we were both to knackered to do anything but soak up the rays. So I'm determind to get around and take some more shots.

We'll hopefully be walking round that way after dinner, we're stopping at the Hilton in St Julians Bay.

Selima is a decent walk from the hilton, I think the sun sets on the wro side of the island from the hilton but you might be luckier in the selima bay at sunrise as the sun comes up over Valleta. I was on my honeymoon so wasn't doing much photography, and I never got up early enough for sunrise.

Lovely shots of one of my favorite holiday destinations (y)

Back