mamiya 645 1000s camera

Name
wayne
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just won a 645 1000s on ebay, with the mamiya sekor 2.8-22 manual focus lens.

is there anything i should check over when the camera arives?

is it a decent camera? and lens?

thanks

Wayne

After you have spent hours playing with it and looking at it, remember to put some film in it and use it.

There is one of those in my father's camera collection. I have only used it once but it all seemed straightforward.

Do you have a prism finder with a lightmeter?

I think it is a decent camera and lens and the results should blow away anything created with one of those strange non-film cameras!

Steve.

After you have spent hours playing with it and looking at it, remember to put some film in it and use it.

There is one of those in my father's camera collection. I have only used it once but it all seemed straightforward.

Do you have a prism finder with a lightmeter?

I think it is a decent camera and lens and the results should blow away anything created with one of those strange non-film cameras!

Steve.

yes it has the prism finder with lightmeter, i have read that i should have a spare battery as the mirror locks up if the battery goes.

i will be using it as soon as i get it, im doing a degree and want to shoot my fashion module on it :)

a friend has just brought a RB so will be interesting to see the difference in results.

Steve.

It is indeed a lovely camera. We used to stock these years back in my retail days along with the Bronica ETR-S. My manager owned one and I remember him showing me some photographs he took with it when he went up to the Lake District, and they were gorgeous.

a friend has just brought a RB so will be interesting to see the difference in results.

That's my main camera. It's a fine piece of engineering which will do almost anything except fit in a pocket (unless you have the specially modified trousers).

You will probably not see much difference until you start printing large. Above 12"x16" and the RB67's large negative will definitely have a benefit.

It is indeed a lovely camera. We used to stock these years back in my retail days along with the Bronica ETR-S.

I also have an ETRS. It's nice but the Mamiya 645 just seemed more robust and intuitive to me.

Steve.

I have just won a 645 1000s on ebay, with the mamiya sekor 2.8-22 manual focus lens.

is it a decent camera? and lens?

thanks

Wayne

I had one years ago - really nice camera. Just lacks the mag backs for real convenience but not much else.

Back