Mamiya c330 failed

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I decided to run away from revision and head down to the beach for the sunset. So I loaded some portra in my mamiya but after taking the third image the camera would not let me take a picture. I therefore assumed I had forgotten to wind it on so I wound it on but it continued to wind the film instead of stopping and letting the shutter fire.

I eventually opened up the back to find that I had wound the film all the way up so I decided to shoot the film again (ie. the frame numbers will be backwards) Is this going to be ok? As it does make a strange clicking noise when I wind it? :thinking:

And an image from this afternoon (phone) to make the thread more interesting :D

IMG00008-20110119-1616.jpg

I've often found my C330 to not be working and then figure out that I'm the one who's not working... it's a device that requires the user to be using his/her wits all the time.

That said, I'm not sure why your C330 didn't let you fire - could be one of several reasons - lens incorrectly mounted, lens lock not engaged, shutter lock engaged... you didn't have it on 'Multi' did you?

I'd be inclined to shoot the roll again the wrong way round through the camera in a dark room with the lens caps on which will rewind the film for you to shoot the correct way around.

Nice shot. What frame is that? (the bike's frame :))

Thanks Mike, I checked the lens / multi shot option but it just didn't want to fire. I manually triggered the shutter half way through my 'moment of madness' so if I finish the role I might have a random double exposure mucking up more than 1 shots.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Annoyingly I can't start again as I have already taken 3 images on the end of the role (number's in bold indicated images taken) I might just carry on down to 4 and then get it developed, should I tell the developer that the film is backwards?

Its a peugeot elan frame (not sure of the date as I got it free), on fixed wheels (48x18) I had fun this afternoon as its very hilly west of cardiff!

You can rewind the film as I suggested, then load it as normal and take three shots with the lens caps on/dark room (again). That will get you up to frame 4 and ready to take the next shot - frames 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

I suspect you think the three shots you've already taken are pretty good? If they're "that" good, you may want to consider not messing with fate and simply get the roll of film developed now?

48x18 sound a bit nasty for Welsh hills! Nice score with the Peugeot - I had one with gears back in the 90's.

I might see if I can finish the roll of tomorrow after my exam and then get it developed. I am just worried about it happening again, what would cause the number to be stuck on 4 / the shutter not firing but it will allow me to wind the film all the way to the end :thinking:

Yer I was lucky as its the perfect size for me, I love riding fixed especially in the city as you can go just as quick as the cars :naughty:

I have made a huge mistake, I forgot that the end of a 120 roll is not taped to the backing paper so when I went to reload it backwards there was no way it was going to load properly.

Opening up the mamiya revealed a mess of film and backing paper, I did it in the dark and I was able to wind it all back in but I am not sure if the 3 images are worth developing....

Update: I got the film developed and the 2 images came out ok but this is what one of them looks like after scanning..

img606.jpg

Should I complain?

It could be User error, im no expert with MF, Was the Film bought from a store or off ebay ect? i Kinda like the Old 70's film look it gives off tbh :)

It could be User error, im no expert with MF, Was the Film bought from a store or off ebay ect? i Kinda like the Old 70's film look it gives off tbh :)

I thought Liam was talking about the amount of dirt on the negative! I'm sure dirt from the 70s is the same as 21st century dirt.

Liam, who did the scanning, you or the lab... or is there something other than dirt/scratches going on that I'm missing?

I thought Liam was talking about the amount of dirt on the negative! I'm sure dirt from the 70s is the same as 21st century dirt.

Liam, who did the scanning, you or the lab... or is there something other than dirt/scratches going on that I'm missing?

Haha, no i mean the Film has that distressed look which i quiet like.

I did the scanning, the negative doesn't look that bad but when scanned its awful.

Back