Manchester Town Hall

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. I have bought myself a Sigma 10 20 mm so without haste I rushed off into town thinking I would be able to take some stunning city centre scenes with big converging vertical lines.Unfortunately my efforts were pants "more practice needed for sure".
Anyway I wandered into the Town hall and took a number of images. I struggled with camera shake as the light was to low for me. With the image here the camera was resting on a stone hand rail, which did give me some comfort in the fact I could use the lens. So that said I was thinking does this image have any merits, could you point me in the right direction as to where I could improve on this attempt.

Gaz

Manchester_Town_Hall.jpg

Last edited:
As a n00b I can't comment much on technique or quality etc, but I do like the 'ghosts' in the corridor at the bottom

cargo said:
Hi all. I have bought myself a Sigma 10 20 mm so without haste I rushed off into town thinking I would be able to take some stunning city centre scenes with big converging vertical lines.Unfortunately my efforts were pants "more practice needed for sure".
Anyway I wandered into the Town hall and took a number of images. I struggled with camera shake as the light was to low for me. With the image here the camera was resting on a stone hand rail, which did give me some comfort in the fact I could use the lens. So that said I was thinking does this image have any merits, could you point me in the right direction as to where I could improve on this attempt.

Gaz

I really like this shot, but you should remove the stone in the bottom right, I don't think it has any place in the picture.

As a n00b I can't comment much on technique or quality etc, but I do like the 'ghosts' in the corridor at the bottom

Thanks James.I have struggled with finding a common thread in my photo taking as I tend to photogragh things that catch my eye, also if on the odd occasion I can see that the light looks good.That said the only photos that I have took in the past that have stuck in my mind all involve blurred people.

I really like this shot, but you should remove the stone in the bottom right, I don't think it has any place in the picture.

I see what you mean now that you have brought attention to it.
Thats all you look at. I will look at cropping it out.Thanks for the reply this is just what I was hoping for.

Gaz

Last edited:
I see what you mean now that you have brought attention to it.
Thats all you look at. I will look at cropping it out.Thanks for the reply this is just what I was hoping for.

Gaz

no problem

Back